Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: GiftofGab, Spirit Rock, Hassan Slask etc.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The main reason I don't post my hands here is that I don't want to expose my play or what I think of others' play when I know some of my opponents will read what I write.

[/ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, is this also why you don't respond to many posted hands or is it just a time consumption issue or something else entirely? Do you feel that El Diablo, Bruiser, Matt Flynn, etc. are giving up EV by posting and replying to hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends largely on how representative your posts are of your play.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The main reason I don't post my hands here is that I don't want to expose my play or what I think of others' play when I know some of my opponents will read what I write.

[/ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, is this also why you don't respond to many posted hands or is it just a time consumption issue or something else entirely? Do you feel that El Diablo, Bruiser, Matt Flynn, etc. are giving up EV by posting and replying to hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That basically underlies my question: doesn't everyone mix it up a lot? Just because you post hands doesn't really give anyone extra information for any specific future hand. I suppose if you posted your thought process a la cero's 'sweet suicide' post that would probably give opponents extra insight into your thinking, but there is no need to post such indepth thinking when you post a hand. You could just post (in GoG's case with opponent names in place of reads if he doesn't want to give reads since the relevant commenters will all have their own reads to rely upon) the hands and then have people comment. No?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you could try using a 2+2 name and post hands under that, like.... El Gift de Gab?

Seriously though, this shouldn't suprise anyone. There was a post in STT a few weeks ago about ZeeJustin's blog, and I replied that it was -EV to give away a good move he pulls in tourneys but I don't think many people believed me.

Has anyone seen how much Gigabet posts in that forum and he like GoG is one of the best players online in their games? Yeah....barely any. For the exact reasons GoG outlines.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:30 PM

my posts are my aberations, not representative whatsoever

its when i try something new

also, ivey was mentored by greenstein: re to fimbul
Old 08-10-2005, 06:31 PM

How do you feel about exposing yourself to Dan Druff?
Old 08-10-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

omg, funny.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That basically underlies my question: doesn't everyone mix it up a lot? Just because you post hands doesn't really give anyone extra information for any specific future hand. I suppose if you posted your thought process a la cero's 'sweet suicide' post that would probably give opponents extra insight into your thinking, but there is no need to post such indepth thinking when you post a hand. You could just post (in GoG's case with opponent names in place of reads if he doesn't want to give reads since the relevant commenters will all have their own reads to rely upon) the hands and then have people comment. No?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most high limit players here post primarily to help other players here. I can't speak for all of them, but I know a few take the same approach as me. I post hands that I think will be interesting to the general audience here, but are relatively standard hands in the games I play and the lines are not going to be anything new to anyone who plays in those games. There are many occassions where for specific reasons I take very non-standard lines or do things for a very specific reason based on the dynamic between a player and me. These sorts of things (and in general, the hands I think are most interesting/challenging/unique) I don't post here because I feel posting the non-standard parts of my game would give up too much information. Instead, I discuss those types of hands with friends, as I imagine most all of the other tough players in the games do as well. For example, I make some big laydowns from time to time. I'm not posting those hands, though. Almost all of the hands I post are hands that went to showdown. Most of what I post here will really help people beat smaller games and beat idiots in bigger games, but it won't help you out much when facing the tougher players in these games. I think that level of info is still useful to a lot of players on this forum, though.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It probably helped him get rid of that tingling sensation.

edit - wait wait one more...

Mr. Green: So it was you. I was going to expose you.
Wadsworth: I know. So I choose to expose myself.
Colonel Mustard: Please, there are ladies present.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:40 PM

Makes a lot of sense. As I recall from way back when Matt Flynn posted hands he was the same way. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:45 PM

i ost to learn. also being afraid of giving up information because of posting is sily and paranoid