Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Got stiffed on a tip tonight

For all you people out there that "don't believe" in tipping servers, I wish you were all dead. No, seriously.

I was at work tonight, and was basically getting my ass handed to me by constant "big tops" of 8+ people. Normally I can handle these, but I had 2 of these types of tables going constantly for about 4 hours, plus the rest of my section was full. To top it all off, all of my tables were demanding as all [censored]. Typical friday night I guess.

So, as the dinner rush was winding down around 8pm, I get a group of 7 cowboys. No really, they were cowboys. This is northern AZ, afterall.

So, they rack up a pretty decent tab. They all got sirloin steaks, shrimp, and stuff like that. The ending tab: $102. I should have at least made $10 or so on the table, even if I didn't do a good job. Well, I did do a good job, and I didn't make $10. In fact, I got to the table, opened up the check presenter, and found nothing. I looked around the table (people oftentimes leave cash on the table), but found nothing there.

Literally, they left me $0 on a $102 ticket. It's not like I didn't give them good service. The service was fine. I consistently make 18-20% myself, so I know that I'm not a terrible server.

Well, this pissed me off to the point that I wanted to rush out to the parking lot and beat their asses. Really, it cost me $2 to work that table (I have to tip 2% of my sales to the hosts every night). What a bunch of fucktards. And as always, I have no recourse.

Oh, and it pissed me off so much that I found it necessary to post on OOT about it.