Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Got stiffed on a tip tonight

For all you people out there that "don't believe" in tipping servers, I wish you were all dead. No, seriously.

I was at work tonight, and was basically getting my ass handed to me by constant "big tops" of 8+ people. Normally I can handle these, but I had 2 of these types of tables going constantly for about 4 hours, plus the rest of my section was full. To top it all off, all of my tables were demanding as all [censored]. Typical friday night I guess.

So, as the dinner rush was winding down around 8pm, I get a group of 7 cowboys. No really, they were cowboys. This is northern AZ, afterall.

So, they rack up a pretty decent tab. They all got sirloin steaks, shrimp, and stuff like that. The ending tab: $102. I should have at least made $10 or so on the table, even if I didn't do a good job. Well, I did do a good job, and I didn't make $10. In fact, I got to the table, opened up the check presenter, and found nothing. I looked around the table (people oftentimes leave cash on the table), but found nothing there.

Literally, they left me $0 on a $102 ticket. It's not like I didn't give them good service. The service was fine. I consistently make 18-20% myself, so I know that I'm not a terrible server.

Well, this pissed me off to the point that I wanted to rush out to the parking lot and beat their asses. Really, it cost me $2 to work that table (I have to tip 2% of my sales to the hosts every night). What a bunch of fucktards. And as always, I have no recourse.

Oh, and it pissed me off so much that I found it necessary to post on OOT about it.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Got stiffed on a tip tonight

Shitty tipper Database
Old 10-15-2005, 05:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shitty tipper Database

[/ QUOTE ]

This site is great - people bitching about 12% tips. Girls complaing that flirting is only getting them 10%. [censored] I hate some servers.

I was a damn good server, and it pissed me off when people left zero (I admit it). When someone left 5% or 10% it didn't piss me off at all - it's the customer's choice. 0% is unacceptable.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shitty tipper Database

[/ QUOTE ]
Couple comments on this...first, wow, what a sense of entitlement...
1. Evidently a good tip is SOLELY based on percentage. I saw many $1000 dinner bills w/ $100 tips listed as shitty, really? It may not be 17%, but, maybe you should look at it as "WOW a $100 TIP!!!", not the %
2. Also, evidently celebrities are required to tip a much higher percentage than anyone else. Are they expecting a $100 tip on a $10 bill just because the person is a celeb?
3. Lastly, maybe these servers arent' telling the whole story (big surprise), I saw many $250 dinner bills w/ a 25cent tip. Do you think they really sat there and gave you 25cents because they are cheap?, no way, that was meant to be a statement, they probably received crappy service and it's there way of telling you so. They didn't want to not tip at all because then you might think they just forgot, you were supposed to notice the 25cents.

That is all
Old 10-15-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shitty tipper Database

[/ QUOTE ]

Some fucker on that site bitched about getting only 13%. What a joke.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shitty tipper Database

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, this site is pissing me off more and more.

Someone bitched about getting a $75.00 tip on a $750 bill. Even if that's your only table and they sat there for 5 hours, you're getting a decent wage. No waiter should complain about only making $30K/year.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shitty tipper Database

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These servers would not have to go onto the internet to bitch to interested parties about thier tips if they knew how to share their cocaine.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:31 PM

This one made me laugh. I don't think they understand that 90% of us disregard the tip jar, and if we put anything in there it won't be more than a dollar.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:11 AM

I had a pretty good dinner date set up with my father and The Governator. I got a call earlier from the opso of my squadron telling me my leave papers got pulled, and I have 48 hours of duty that require me to be in San Diego. He did not send me 15%. STFU. I'm sick and tired of tipping posts. I'll tip you when I want. You shut up and let the world revolve until then.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll tip you when I want. You shut up and let the world revolve until then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you make $2.13/hr where you work? Thought not. Don't be a cheapass.