Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Do you have a backup plan?

Your backup plan beats the hell out of my backup plan.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You should also be getting better over time as well, this way you will keep ahead of the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

I have confidence in my ability to continue studying, improve, and stay better than other players who don't work as hard.

If not...I can go back to dealing (blackjack OR poker) which I did for 8 mths and wasn't so bad.
I could try to get into radio again if I wanted (which I did for over 10 yrs, but the money compared to time-working isn't so hot).
Or I could try doing something else.

Lots of options and opportunities. It's a big world out there.

But I'm really not terribly worried about the games getting so tough that I wouldn't be able to beat them.
The number of kids who have no clue what they're doing but THINK they do is phenomenal.

My greater concern would be for some sort of government legislation that would make it much more difficult for Americans to play. I might be able to find a way aroundthat of course...but the games wouldn't be as good...and I would be less comfortable if it was 'more' illegal than it is now (so to speak).
but, in that case, I could even try B&M play.

Lots of opportunities out there.
Lots of players who play significantly less than ideally.
If I work hard enough I believe I am smart enough to be a better player than most of them.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:19 PM

my backup plan is welfare
Old 11-15-2005, 09:27 PM

I don't have any. I know it is a bit irresponsible, but I think/hope I will be able to keep ahead for quite awhile (trying to step up, so that I have the opportunity to step down and still make a living if it gets tougher). When I went pro, I informed a few headhunters that I was taking a break from my career for a while and they have said that if I contact them within reasonable time (1-2 years) they will find a good job for me. I plan to play poker longer though, so I will probably have to accept to go back to a less good job than I had. No worries though, the freedom now is so great, that I would not exchange it for security.