Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 06:06 PM

Default Serious issue: Ex Girlfriend...Thanksgiving....Feeling Bad

Some of you know the situation I was in with my ex. We were together for 4 years and lived together for 2. I broke up with her rather abruptly (to her) in February, but we kinda remained close until April.

We've been continuously moving further and further apart. Before today I hadn't spoken to her in at least 3 or 4 weeks (whenever my faking an orgasim post was).

Here's the thing. She had a situation with her parents that caused her to leave home at 17, right before we started going out. She has no contact with any family members at all. She has no permanent home. She is living in NYU housing and has a bunch of crap in my basement and closet.

I found out today that she will be all alone for Thanksgiving. She was invited to an old boyfriends house, and I encouraged her to go, but she insisted she doesn't want to. She says she wants to spend it with my family, but won't since she knows I don't want her here.

Truthfully, I don't want her here and I think she gathered that from our conversation today. But I also told her I didn't want her to be by herself, and if she wouldn't go to Jeff's house she should come here. What should I do???

I'm sure a similar situation will come up christmastime too.

I really do feel terible that she'll be alone. Help me OOT.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Serious issue: Ex Girlfriend...Thanksgiving....Feeling Bad

Who had that avatar from Menace II Society of dude saying "You're acting like a little bitch right now!"

Seriously? Get over it, go out with somebody else.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:18 PM

I had a decent response typed out and then I hit the dumb back button on my dumb mouse and I lost the dumb post.

Its not worth the guilt of feeling horrible because she's alone. Take her in for Thanksgiving and Christmas this year, and then be done with it. If, by this time next year, she hasn't figured out how to fend for herself, heh, [censored] happens.

Having her over for 2 days is better than beating yourself up over it for 2 weeks. Even if she is an annoying broad.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who had that avatar from Menace II Society of dude saying "You're acting like a little bitch right now!"

Seriously? Get over it, go out with somebody else.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's helpful. Thanks asstard.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:20 PM

Oh come on, what do you want me to say? Fine take her in, but before you do, ask yourself what most women would do if the tables were turned.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:20 PM

If it were me, I'd have her there. I couldn't stand to feel so mean, unless I really couldn't stand seeing her.

But this is really a 'you need to decide' thing.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh come on, what do you want me to say? Fine take her in, but before you do, ask yourself what most women would do if the tables were turned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how "Get over it, go out with somebody else." applies to this situation. This has nothing to do with our relationship. We've both moved on, this is an issue of feeling compassion for other people as human beings
Old 11-20-2005, 06:24 PM

Ok fine, but that compassion will bite you in the ass someday.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure how "Get over it, go out with somebody else." applies to this situation. This has nothing to do with our relationship. We've both moved on, this is an issue of feeling compassion for other people as human beings

[/ QUOTE ]

Captain Obvious reborn states: You're a good guy, Tony. You know what you have to do. The right thing. Obviously.

[ QUOTE ]
But this is really a 'you need to decide' thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, I think the tone of Tony's post is, "I've decided, now berate me for being a pansy." But I'm not sure exactly how much beration will be forthcoming, since any decent person would take the poor thing in.

Shrug. Even the hardasses who don't know what a 4 year relationship is like would probably cave, when faced with the situation. Except maybe Dominic.