Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Dont Understand \"The Village\"

[ QUOTE ]
I watched that today and didnt really get what was going on? First I thought I got it, alright they are like some old time people that live out in the woods, they probably believe in Jehova or something. They probably got wind of

Jack the Ripper and decided to leave the city.
Then there are these big things with claws and Im like aw [censored], we got werewolves and [censored], tight. So Im following along and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

Then one of them attacked her but that retard was already in the hole and he fell on him? Or the retard was one, like he could morph into them and he was the bad monster this whole time? Its not adding up.

Then what the [censored] they got cars driving by? Im assuming that thing she climbed was some kind of zone that passed her into the future, but I dont get how that related to the rest of the movie. I dont know, maybe I missed something. Im already for her to go into London or whatever and got some medicine for old hairlip when she passes some time zone thing and goes into the future.

Was it because the monster died? I dont get how this movie makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is hilarious. Congratulations on making an excellent post.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am confused when you say the space rift is in our world, do you mean it is like actually real outside of the movie? Or just it is real in the movie?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I knew the answer to that, I would be the most powerful man on the planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that the thread has basically been killed, I just want to point out that this was one of the funniest posts I've read this month.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like alot of you guys are angry because you are finding out the movie isnt the way you thought, Diablo and I figured it out and you are choking on sour grapes!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you are either the most brilliant poster in recent memory, or the most stupid poster ever.

Completely depends if your original post was serious or not.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Glad someone more capable took over. Extracting all the magic is beyond my means. This movie is too deep for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You clearly had it pretty much figured out, maybe missing a couple of the more subtle concepts is all.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's surprising you should mention "missing a couple of the more subtle concepts" when the most subtle concept of all has yet to be mentioned in this thread.

That is, the concept of allergies. It is a common theme of all of MNight's films, such that none of his films can be correctly interpreted without a proper understanding of how the concept applies in each. Think back to his other movies. How are you going to make sense of Signs without realizing the aliens are allergic to water, and more importantly, Commodus's baseball bat? How can you even begin to understand the enigma of 6th Sense without acknowledging that the little girl was allergic to rat poison? And how the hell are you going to unravel Unbreakable without recognizing Bruce Willis is allergic to failing a bench press rep?

Clearly, the thematic application in The Village is the werewolves crippling allergy to retards. If you think back to the scene where the blind chick killed the one werewolf, you might--with the right degree of attentiveness--realize that the werewolf died of anaphylactic shock upon falling on top of the retard, who was cleverly stashed in that hole ahead of time by the blind chick.

My only question is left unanswered at the movie's end: how will the villagers defend against the werewolves now that the only retard was unfortunately crushed to death by the werewolf's fall? MNS sure is deft at leaving those dangling threads... just makes you want more.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:17 PM

search the OOT archives for more of Skip's posts. This guy is pure genius.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It sounds like alot of you guys are angry because you are finding out the movie isnt the way you thought, Diablo and I figured it out and you are choking on sour grapes!!

[/ QUOTE ]

you are either the most brilliant poster in recent memory, or the most stupid poster ever.

Completely depends if your original post was serious or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you are saying Im stupid because I needed Diablo to help me understand the whole space/time monster thing in The Village?
Old 10-11-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Were you drunk or high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was when I watched this movie, and I didn't get it.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what are talking about? This is a funny ass thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but it was ruined initially. if the funny discussion took place right from the get go, it might be the best thread ever. however, notice that a ton of retards actually gave real answers first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back you're right. It is apparent now that it is an well perpretrated trolling or whatever. At the time I thought he was legitmately retarded and it was quite funny. clearly that is not the case.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:40 PM

The movie was a big disappointment. This thread was not.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what are talking about? This is a funny ass thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree but it was ruined initially. if the funny discussion took place right from the get go, it might be the best thread ever. however, notice that a ton of retards actually gave real answers first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back you're right. It is apparent now that it is an well perpretrated trolling or whatever. At the time I thought he was legitmately retarded and it was quite funny. clearly that is not the case.

[/ QUOTE ]