Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 07:55 AM

Default Any slowing down w/middle set and lots of action?

Full Tilt .5/1

UTG+1 is new to table no reads, MP1 is total LPP fish, BB is fairly solid

UTG+1 raise, MP1 call, Hero in SB 3-bet w/9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB caps, UTG+1 call, MP1 call, Hero call

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 16sbs

Hero check, BB bet, UTG+1 raise, MP1 call, Hero 3-bet, BB call, UTG+1 caps, all call

turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 16bb

Hero bet, BB raise, UTG+1 call, MP1 call (all-in), Hero 3-bet, BB call, UTG+1 call

river board, 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]27.5bb

Hero bets....

Comments?
Old 12-03-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Any slowing down w/middle set and lots of action?

No reason to slow down. BB wouldn't cap preflop with KQ and UTG wouldn't play the flop that way with KQ either. And if someone had JJ they would have capped the turn.

I don't like the 3-bet preflop out of position though, but that's me.
Old 12-03-2005, 08:36 AM

Looks fine to me. Bet/Call the river.

I'd say preflop, it's possible someone have JJ since most players weak out and want to see if a A or K flops before putting more money in the pot. But the turn action make me believe noone has it. You are most likely ahead and the 10 on the turn wouldn't scare me since I doubt anyone will chase a gutshot this hard. I am putting UTG+1 on something like AJ.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:42 AM

Grunch:

I like it all, a bigger set *usually* caps the turn. Don't slow down now. Nice flop checkraise, seeing as how the preflop leader was right to your left. you are good here unless BB holds JJ and has serious monsters under the bed, fearing a straight

If it's set over set, c'est la vie. NH
Old 12-03-2005, 09:58 AM

I would have led out on the flop instead of going for a check/raise. BB is gonna raise with his overpair face the field with two cold and you can 3-bet or capp if somebody else 3-bets. It kinda gives you the best of both worlds you get lots of value and put pressure on the field out of position.

The river is a bet i would never check here especially when the scare card falls.If bb called and utg+1 raised i would probably call. If bb raises and utg+1 calls i would be tempted to 3-bet.

Pre flop i probably just cold call since we have a raise and a cold call but 3-betting doesn't suck. If no one had cold called i would have 3-bet but seeing this is gonna be multi way i probably just call.