Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: An Introduction and a question

[ QUOTE ]
pushbot = when you get to the later rounds (~10x bb's or fewer) you go all-in or fold pre-flop. the 2+2 bible is to play very tight early and then push-bot your way into the money.

to quote an entire response, click "quote" instead of "reply." to make a quote, use the "instant ubb code" below where you type. quote is bottom right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like a baby bird taking his first flight thanks.
lemme throw in a little [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-03-2005, 01:41 PM

its funny.. most of the people that know me in real life a completely different view of me than people that just read my posts on the forum. im breaking the game down to a beatable level for the average player that posts on this forum. meaning, smaller stakes stuff.

when im playing the 109s+, there is seldom anyone playing more hands than me, as i dont play 209385092809235 tables. so many pots are up for grabs its sick. i love donking around with all sorts of goofy hands. makes people mad. its fun.

as far as doyles room goes.. switch to party, sign up for rakeback, and thank me later. holla
Old 10-03-2005, 01:51 PM

Isn't anybody scared all this stuff will leak out?? I mean shouldn't this site be a secret? How long before all this action dries up?? Has it already started to? I mean, it seems to me if a fish can deposit $$ on a poker site he can lose a buyin, come here and wise up. How long has party poker been crazy??
Old 10-03-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't anybody scared all this stuff will leak out?? I mean shouldn't this site be a secret? How long before all this action dries up?? Has it already started to? I mean, it seems to me if a fish can deposit $$ on a poker site he can lose a buyin, come here and wise up. How long has party poker been crazy??

[/ QUOTE ]

Most fish arnt willing to put in the time to improve their game. They are playing for fun, not for money.

Also, a few that are dilligently trying to win hit a string of variance which causes some potentially winning players to "lose it"
Old 10-03-2005, 01:57 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome Mr.Flex! I was an AirForce guy myself (10yrs in Miss/N.Carolina/Alabama).

[/ QUOTE ] Georgia here. I hate the south, I'm from northern california. need constant Prozac IV just to live here. Moving is a priority after i get the scratch
Old 10-03-2005, 02:08 PM

I'm sure people have been saying this since Super System was published. People play craps, roulette, etc., when it's impossible to win long term. I guess thankfully many people treat poker the same way and don't care enough to put in the effort to beat the game.

Also, I'm sure many people don't share all their tricks on this forum. To be top-notch, I think you need to be creative and come up with some of your own tricks.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:09 PM

This is actually the style I've had to teach myself. It's funny to actually hear other people say it's right. (tight early, steal late) I also love the term "spite call" lol it is so true. I love watching a fed up fish with plenty of chips left call my push with a 10 3 just cuz he thinks i'm raising too much (unfortunately sometimes I'm pushing with a dominated 9 3 when he does this!!!) I may be too agressive late. Are there hand standards for pushing? I've just been pretty agro in late play up untill now.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:11 PM

Gotta get this if you're going to do this for a living.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow joker thanks!! do you use this WHILE you play or is it to analyze and fix your play after the game is over. Are there actual poker bots (not human) playing online?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow joker thanks!! do you use this WHILE you play or is it to analyze and fix your play after the game is over. Are there actual poker bots (not human) playing online?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course there are, but party would never say yes. holla