Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-21-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Returning to the USA for Xmas...Advice for Americans...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you know i mentioned morroco and spanish food!!!!!!!

And chutney!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah...

um.... LEARN TO DRIVE!!!1

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree that anyone who's old, foreign or a woman needs to LEARN TO DRIVE, I believe KKF is a white guy from the USA.

I may be wrong...?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:33 PM

HEY! i like donuts too.....
you like donuts!
we should be good american buddies, wanna get some coffee?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:33 PM

Kane,

I'll go down the list here, you make some good points but you're kind of bigoted in spots.

Americans are, on the whole, overweight. Fast food plus no exercise will do that. I love the occasional spicy chicken sangwich, but I also play a shitload of ultimate frisbee and I lift, so I can afford to pig every now and then.

I agree regarding ethnic cooking, eating just american food would get boring. who doesn't like to switch things up?

re: the way we talk, I would agree regarding grammar. regarding dialect, [censored] you.

Women should exercise just like men, I agree. health benefits, you feel better, have more energy, look better. However, I think they should be able to go without makeup if the damn well feel like it. women are beautiful creatures.

I love my soda. it's just so delicious. however, I dig the H2O too. unlike most old western flicks, this town is, in fact, big enough for the two of them. moderation, moderation, moderation.

about God and Christianity, um blow me? I will talk about whatever the hell I want short of yelling fire in a crowded theater, and you are free to do the same. I won't make you or your children worship or even acknowledge him, but if someone wants to thank their higher power for something just live and let live. IMO. At least be systematic and restrict people from talking about Buddha, Allah, etc. Why pick on Christians?

re: going to another country and taking notes, I agree people would benefit greatly from experiencing different cultures, but not because america's system is totally [censored]. I think it's all about variety.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:34 PM

You're right that Americans are fat blobs and it's only getting rapidly worse.

You're also right about the almost bizarre lack of spices in American food. If you're not eating barbecue, there's almost no spice at all, unless you count salt and pepper. Salt we got. Oh boy do we got salt.

The taste of the average joe is extremely degraded and comes down to largely salt and sugar. These are the basic tastes we're genetically keyed for, so there's nothing unnatural about it. But it's boring as hell and can overwhelm all other tastes into the same ole gray ole nothing.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're right that Americans are fat blobs and it's only getting rapidly worse.

You're also right about the almost bizarre lack of spices in American food. If you're not eating barbecue, there's almost no spice at all, unless you count salt and pepper. Salt we got. Oh boy do we got salt.

The taste of the average joe is extremely degraded and comes down to largely salt and sugar. These are the basic tastes we're genetically keyed for, so there's nothing unnatural about it. But it's boring as hell and can overwhelm all other tastes into the same ole gray ole nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, Blarg. Bizarre, being the best way to describe it.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:40 PM

I was half joking about the accents. Some southern chicks(the 5% without multichildren by 22) have sexy accents. Also, Good Will Hunting was the nutz.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:45 PM

Kane,

you are one of the biggest low lifes on this forum, so I find this whole post laughable.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:50 PM

Sorry you have to come back to America for the holidays. Hopefully you won't miss the child prostitution too much while you're away from Thailand.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was half joking about the accents. Some southern chicks(the 5% without multichildren by 22) have sexy accents. Also, Good Will Hunting was the nutz.

[/ QUOTE ]

one thing I will give you is that european chicks have AWESOME accents. not quite exotic, but a good french or german accent is unbelievably sexy. wow. not into the eastern accents as much but many people are so more power to em ya know?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry you have to come back to America for the holidays. Hopefully you won't miss the child prostitution too much while you're away from Thailand.

[/ QUOTE ]

pppwwnnend1!!1