Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-22-2005, 02:36 PM

Default JTo in the CO.

The villain here was very loose PF and pretty aggressive, post flop they were decently aggressive (1.6 for the # people).

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

- Jim
Old 12-22-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: JTo in the CO.

I think you are beat here more often than not, but there is a chance that he was jamming with the As, so I think a river call is good.

SGS
Old 12-22-2005, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you are beat here more often than not, but there is a chance that he was jamming with the As, so I think a river call is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-22-2005, 04:33 PM

I think you're good here.... I don't think he's pushing his flush that hard that early
Old 12-22-2005, 05:17 PM

some serious spewage here. Do you always play top pair (mediocre kicker) in this manner? Yes, there is remote possibility that your hand is good on this flop. By remote, I mean that you should fold here. You want to pay 3 or 4 bets to continue in a pot that was unraised preflop with this board? That is, in the unlikely scenario where your 10 kicker is good (ugh)you could still be in trouble here. TURN: now you are dead. If villain was pushing the case A he just hit it. He is still betting into you why are you calling? What hands could villain play in this manner that you can beat? RIVER: given your play throughout the hand i would call here.

I think you need to assess what your expectation in defending against possible semi-bluffs in small unraised pots. Further, when a card hits that obviously helps this person that you think was semi-bluffing you need to release.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:20 PM

Yeah, I hope I'm not a total pussy here but I think folding the flop is the best play. If you're behind, you can't be sure if your T is the highest spade out there, and that spells doom for reverse implied odds.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:33 PM

I think that you should fold this turn. You just are not beating much and your flush draw isn't good enough for a call.

Given that you called the turn, call the river.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:09 PM

Perfect contact. The A hit his range hard. If he wasn't jamming with the flush it was with the A or K of flush and we're now even further behind his range. The A is a devastating card. Given that you called the turn the river is a must call. I almost want to raise but not quite. if they were slightly more agg I think you can raise since you're now representing a big enough hand so that you can safely fold to a 3bet. He'll likely just call you with almost every flush.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:12 PM

I also think that this hand was major spewage.

Funny thing about this hand (it's moot whether I won it or not): I didn't feel like I was spewing at all during it. I thought I felt normal and had an even-keeled mind while playing it.

Looking back at it, the villain had bothered me earlier in another hand with a suckout. And on top of that, this had been a bad morning at the tables (bad past three days have all been losers actually). I didn't want to fold but I knew calling was bad, so I 3-bet.

Immediately after this hand I felt something was wrong, but I couldn't put a finger on it. So I sat out of all my tables when the blinds came around and posted this. Then I went and watched a movie.

I came back and read through the action and I see a player in the CO who is acting like the lagtards who make the games so good even though 4-6 seats are tough.

So I'm working on getting back to my Tommy zone again.

- Jim
Old 12-22-2005, 06:26 PM

I don't think folding the flop is an option. We're against two aggressive players and we have top pair and a flush draw. We have way too much to just be folding.