Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 12:53 PM

Default MTT Site comparisions

Ok, no flaming i know this has probably been discussed before.

I have been playing more MTT lately after spending the last three months focusing on a couple thousand SNG's to hone my skills.

I am having more success now in MTT and have been experimenting with different sites.

First I think my play type is important. I am very tight but very aggressive until the money. I tend to be the average stack almost the whole tourney and then when i get in the money look for chances to make moves and accumlate. That style of play may have an impact on site selection.

I am not a big fan of the 1000 chips on party, but their blind stucture is good and seems to more than make up for it. Combine with the weak players, seems they always like to bluff when i semi-slow play AA and double me up, and this is becoming one of my favorite sites. I used to hate party, but now that i am more patient than ever i am starting to like it.

PS and UB solid all around.

Bodog is getting better, last night i made it deep into a tourney for the first time there and had a problem around bubble time. Avg stack was 22k, i had 21k and my M was about 8. Went on to double up a few times after that and take 5th in the 12k, but seems like for an average stack the blinds were too high late.

Paradise, I want to like them. I like their software, i like what they do with their trounies but is their blind structre as bad as it seems? Seems from about and hour and half on you cannot be an average stack, you need to be a big stack or you are in trouble.

Full Tilt, I hear people rave about their blind stucture all the time, I think it is overrated. I would rate their blind structure average at best. Better than bodog or dise, but not as good as stars, ub or party.

Would love to hear others thoughts.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: MTT Site comparisions

I made a post about blind structures in the anthology stickied at the top of the forum. I hear that Bodog has since made improvements (lengthened levels in some of their MTTs?), so the table may be a little out of date. I also haven't had a chance to look at the new Deep Stacked structures on Stars.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: MTT Site comparisions

Yes, Burningyen did do a nice spreadsheet comparison... he even emailed it to me...

In regards to the lower limit tourneys (<$50 buyin) Here are my thoughts:

- the first two hours UB has the best structure w/ Party a very close second.

- Hours 3, 4 & 5 go in favor of Party. Stars would be 2nd, but it's not even close.

- Hour 6 favors Stars, w/ Party a close second.