Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 06:37 PM

Default Hand vs. QTip. How terrible is the turn?

OK flame away.
MP3 is QTip (I didn't know this at the time) but stats of 17/8/2.3 over 400.
UTG is a random, no real read.

I'm mostly interested in the turn, I still have mixed feelings on it.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 10-25-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Hand vs. QTip. How terrible is the turn?

[ QUOTE ]
stats of 17/8/2.3 over 400

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 06:42 PM

Nice dodge of the c/r, but I think you should still bet it in case you are ahead. And if you're behind, the 3 player might end up calling some extra bets anyway, so even if you get c/r it's not so bad.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:43 PM

The turn seems all right to me, really.

AK for QTip just seems so likely, here.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:46 PM

while AK is a very likely holding, i still dont like letting the turn get checked through, i bet/call, then go nuts on the river when it pairs

whats your plan if an A or K falls on river?
Old 10-25-2005, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while AK is a very likely holding, i still dont like letting the turn get checked through, i bet/call, then go nuts on the river when it pairs

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2005, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn seems all right to me, really.

AK for QTip just seems so likely, here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the check is horrible really given the way it played out, but I do think he's missing out not betting here, especially with the donk in the hand. Still have 10 outs even if (when), I do c/r. But, as said, i have AK a pretty large % of the time here.

I think the hands interesting from my perspective as well. I didn't know who hero was here at the time (stats 8/7/1.5....j/k [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])...knew he was a decent player though, and would have thought a set would have been bet there.

After he 3 bet, I typed:

[censored], good hand and pressed call anyway.

I thought about just betting the turn there, but most players I think bet the majority of their made hands there, so I thought I'd go for the c/r.

I seriously considered folding the river (as eveyone knows, I've made bigger lay downs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
Old 10-25-2005, 06:53 PM

I don't get why you guys want to bet the turn so much. What is in QTip's capping range that he checks on this flop. It's not QQ and if it's AA or KK, QTip has some splainin to do. I think it's super likely he has AK or got sneaky with QQ. He's trying for the value checkraise to trap the random. I think that's a good turn check and I probably wouldn't have thought it through and just rammed the bet button because I had a set.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:55 PM

i wouldnt like that turn one bit... based on the lack of info you had on the player at start of hand i'd be concerned.

two most likely hands he capped pre-flop with and would check-call that flop are: AK and QQ in my opinion... either way youre a serious dawg at this point

i actually like the check on the turn in hindsite, although i think i'd possibly charge here... who knows what utg has at this point... given its 2-4 party poker, i wouldnt rule out K-10 or flush draw...

from the river play i believe you won the pot over AK, and possibly K-10 from utg...

but again, i don't fault your play on turn one bit even if i may have done differently myself...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 PM

you remember what utg had?