Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 12-29-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Question about showing cards in NL holdem.

Hi,

ok this is the question, player A goes all-in and everyone folds to player B, after a while he (B) shows his cards and player A says thats a fold.

Player B disagree, he's saying he can show his cards since player A have no chips left to play with.

Who's right here ?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Question about showing cards in NL holdem.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

ok this is the question, player A goes all-in and everyone folds to player B, after a while he (B) shows his cards and player A says thats a fold.

Player B disagree, he's saying he can show his cards since player A have no chips left to play with.

Who's right here ?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's my understanding that your hand can be shown if they're are only 2 players left in the hand
Old 12-30-2005, 03:10 AM

it is my understanding that in many tournaments u r not allowed to announce information about ur hand while there is still actions to be made. this would fall into that category.

that being said, unless it had been specificly stated, i'd allow it at then suggest he not do it again.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:14 AM

Everyone folded to him against an all-in player.

He would have to say "call" to complete the action. Since he did not say call, and was obviously trying to read the all-in guy's reactions (AA, KK, or what?), then his hand is dead. Action wasn't complete. There is no assumed call.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Who's right here ?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's my understanding that your hand can be shown if they're are only 2 players left in the hand

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the rule from Robert's rules and apparantly the tourney has to be down to only 2 players remaining before this action is allowed. Here's the rule from the section 15

"22. Showing cards from a live hand during the action injures the rights of other players still competing in an event, who wish to see contestants eliminated. A player in a multihanded pot may not show any cards during a deal. Heads-up, a player may not show any cards unless the event has only two remaining players, or is winner-take-all. If a player deliberately shows a card, the player may be penalized (but his hand will not be ruled dead). Verbally stating one’s hand during the play may be penalized."
Old 12-30-2005, 12:23 PM

As ky70 said, unless it could influence future action, showing cards doesn't kill the hand.

What penalities you may want to enforce are up to you
Old 12-30-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As ky70 said, unless it could influence future action, showing cards doesn't kill the hand.

What penalities you may want to enforce are up to you

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if does influence future action it may warrant a penalty but still does not kill the hand.

Somebody already quoted Robert's Rules to that effect. If its a tourney, same rule, no dead hand. See rules 7 and 35.

7. A penalty MAY be invoked if a player exposes any card with action pending, if a card(s) goes off the table, if soft-play occurs, or similar incidents take place. Penalties WILL be invoked in cases of abuse, disruptive behavior, or similar incidents.

35. A player who exposes his cards during the play may incur a penalty, but will not have his hand killed.
Old 12-30-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Who's right here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

We just discussed this...but I can't find the thread link...I'll repost if I can find it...
Old 12-30-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Who's right here ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check it out baby