Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: $22: Push or wait with an uber short stack

[ QUOTE ]

My 'troll detector' has been activated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...thought it was bit late for the December Troll to show up so late though.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to hear what OP pushed into, I mean lost to.

[/ QUOTE ]
The push was either the correct decision or it wasn't. What actually happened is irrelevant.

Even I, as a relative noob, can recognize that this is an automatic push. The number of potential callers is about as important as the cards you're pushing with, especially here where Hero's stack isn't gonna induce any folds in itself.

It's also more likely that both the J and 8 will be live here, whereas if you pushed with weak K or Q, a caller may have you dominated.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:44 PM

Default Post deleted by Cola

Old 12-28-2005, 02:46 PM

Old 12-28-2005, 02:48 PM

Old 12-28-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saying you guarantee you'll get a better hand is nonsense. You can guarantee no such thing and as 45s said, even if you do you may be against a better hand or two. If you are going to make a ridiculous statement like that I think we all would like some sort of explaination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus!!! Use your brain. J8 unsuited is a BELOW AVERAGE hand. The chances of you getting an ABOVE AVERAGE hand in 3 goes is very high! Hello??

[/ QUOTE ]

Your tone is annoying...try using your brain too. On those subsequent hands where you hold out for something better, you have to push through more people increasing the likelihood of being called by better hands.

Having 2BBs is the problem, not pushing J8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that J8o is actually 51% vs a random hand, so even that claim is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the only reason I am correcting you is because I know none of you play at my level. I mean, u couldn't if you really believe what u are saying. If he was in the BB next hand, yes of course push, but he's not. You people are too push-happy. And why am I a troll? I am explaining my reasoning. You disagree with it, fine. No point in name calling, that's very kindergarten-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Continue to play at "your level". You have done nothing but refute the valid points brought up here by saying "you guys arent giving any reasons why I am wrong."

You are not going to get along well on these boards and it has nothing to do with the fact that your ideas are wrong.

Granted, to me these are basic concepts, but there was a time when I may have thought as you did...but I always know its ok to be wrong...you dont. I love the fact you think as you do, and I will let you continue to think as such...
Old 12-28-2005, 02:56 PM

Old 12-28-2005, 02:57 PM

Your filling up this forum of bad advice is horrible for this forum which is a very good forum. Please stop being so strongheaded and stupid. Read more and respond less.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Saying you guarantee you'll get a better hand is nonsense. You can guarantee no such thing and as 45s said, even if you do you may be against a better hand or two. If you are going to make a ridiculous statement like that I think we all would like some sort of explaination.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus!!! Use your brain. J8 unsuited is a BELOW AVERAGE hand. The chances of you getting an ABOVE AVERAGE hand in 3 goes is very high! Hello??

[/ QUOTE ]

Your tone is annoying...try using your brain too. On those subsequent hands where you hold out for something better, you have to push through more people increasing the likelihood of being called by better hands.

Having 2BBs is the problem, not pushing J8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Not to mention the fact that J8o is actually 51% vs a random hand, so even that claim is incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, the only reason I am correcting you is because I know none of you play at my level. I mean, u couldn't if you really believe what u are saying. If he was in the BB next hand, yes of course push, but he's not. You people are too push-happy. And why am I a troll? I am explaining my reasoning. You disagree with it, fine. No point in name calling, that's very kindergarten-ish.

[/ QUOTE ]

Continue to play at "your level". You have done nothing but refute the valid points brought up here by saying "you guys arent giving any reasons why I am wrong."

You are not going to get along well on these boards and it has nothing to do with the fact that your ideas are wrong.

Granted, to me these are basic concepts, but there was a time when I may have thought as you did...but I always know its ok to be wrong...you dont. I love the fact you think as you do, and I will let you continue to think as such...

[/ QUOTE ]

...coz, after some thought, u know I am right.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok troll alert at DEFCON red...Ive been sort of civil, but now you are on ignore.

yep, you're right by the way...fold this hand
Old 12-28-2005, 03:00 PM

You sir, are giving awful advice.