Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 01:42 AM

Default Re: Weak-tight or well-done? TPTK, NL200

Soah, what if villain isn't bluffing and thinks that he has the best hand with a pocket pair, a king, or an eight? Do you think those hands make up a big enough portion of his hand range to warrant calling and re-evaluating on the turn? Would your decision change if it's 6-max? I routinely make that call , but maybe it's a leak that I need to plug. Thanks.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet a little more on the flop. Fold to his flop c/r. As played definitely fold turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think betting more on that flop will do anything. It's dry. You are either beat or way ahead. I think you will see KQ there sometimes but not AK. I think AK would usually limp reraise or just raise preflop frop EP. But this is full ring where I'm not as experienced. I think folding that flop would be weak. You hit your TPTK which is basicly all you can ask for with AK. I say call the c/r and see what he does on the turn. But that turn bet is where it gets interesting. Without reads its very hard to put him on a hand. It could easily be KQs sensing weakness and firing or it could be a set knowing you have at least a K for you to stay in this hand. I'm leaning towards set. All I know is that if you call this turn, then you are pot committed so you might as well shove. It be a tough fold on the turn but I think it might be the best play here.

One more thing is that the bet sizes don't really add up. Why all of a sudden charge so much? If it is a set that recognizes that you have a king why not milk you for a litte more? That 7 couldn't possibly have scared him. He c/r for less than the pot. A full potsized c/r would have been more in the 50 range. I think he made it a pretty easy call for you. Then why not make the turn bet 60 or 55. IDK, I'm just spitting out food for thought. Still a fold on the turn I believe.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Soah, what if villain isn't bluffing and thinks that he has the best hand with a pocket pair, a king, or an eight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Then he's not a solid TAG.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:47 AM

Are you saying that it is bad play to checkraise on that flop in villain's shoes if he had a pocket pair, a king, or an eight? If I'm going to contest the pot with those hands, I think I check-raise about 50% time and lead out the other 50%. Say villain plays like that too. Is it still a fold on the flop?
Old 12-21-2005, 05:06 AM

good hand. The only thing you can hope for is that he limped in initially with slick.

If you'd bet pot on flop and he'd raised, im done there. As it is I might still fold flop, but call isnt awful on flop.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:24 AM

It's fine for bluffing...

If you're not bluffing and you just can't wait to get all your money in the pot with an underpair on a Kxx board against a preflop raiser then okay, it's your cash to play with...