Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: No Bullets Left

Like I said, I'd prolly donk the turn but if I thought I'd get raised w/overs, I'd gladly check the turn b/c this is the type of guy who will likely bet overs again on the turn. Against a more passive guy I'd donk but against the aggro guys I'll check call the turn
Old 12-17-2005, 10:13 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

Jeff -

I don't see another way to play it unless the turn had been overcalled, then you could fold. I'd give strong consideration to checkraising the turn but if he calls, what in the hell is your line because he's going to call quite a bit here with the size of the pot.

Once it's heads up I'm trying for a cheap show, and that's really going to suck if a picture shows up on the river.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:31 PM

Flame me, if its called for (thats how I learn) but can a check/fold be justified on the flop if there is just a bet and a call?

You may have the best hand, but if you don't you are putting in at least two big bets on the river drawing very very thin. Also, if you don't have the best hand there really seems to be no way to push anyone off a hand that beats you.

If you do have the best on the flop it still has to survive 2 more cards against at least one player probably going nowhere.

On average on the flop, I think you may be a % winner...but because of your position a money loser.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:49 AM

I like the way you played this a lot. Normally I would say bet the turn but your read makes a check-call OK since he is going to put the bets in for us.

I always feel silly when I play a hand like this and get shown JJ but against people who will not let go of that sweet sweet A card you have to show it down.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:07 AM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for the comments everyone. My opponent bet the river and I called. He had A10 so he rivered the winner. More comments welcome.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2005, 04:38 AM

Depends on what range of hands our opponent is going to play in this manner. If he fires away with all his missed overcard hands we are getting plenty of overlay to call this down.

Your comment about position hurting us is valid since it could change our calldown price if he checks behind on the river whenever we are winning (reverse implied odds).
Old 12-18-2005, 08:49 AM

I really like a turn check raise. The description of this player sounds exactly like me. Getting raised on the turn is the death of morons like me who bet with nothing too much on the turn after getting called on a dry flop. Usually they get trapped into calling here. He's not a total maniac that's gonna 3bet you off the better hand either so it's pretty easy for you to let your hand go if that happens.