Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Am I an idiot?

[ QUOTE ]
STFU. I'm learning, and you're just being a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

ask a stupid question...
Old 12-17-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
STFU. I'm learning, and you're just being a jerk.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, since you seem to be taking this all quite seriously I will be entirely serious with you.

that you questioned your flop play in OP showed lack of basics knowledge of NL. your pf play was decently bad too but not HORRID. We gave you legit feedback on your preflop play.

People here are often sarcastic half because we're just joking and half because we don't like posts that don't have much strategic content to them (and maybe 20% because we're A-holes, (I'm not a math major)).

I can't speak for other posters but I would assume this is why you got the responses you did.

It bothers us that you waste time+forum space continuing to pursue our advice when we have already given you advice, you just need to use common sense.
Using logic you should be able to come up what 2+2 thinks is the correct play here based on our responses.

I honestly mean this entire post in the nicest possible way. I hope it is helpful to you in the future of ur 2+2 experience

Love,
Pokerjoker
Old 12-17-2005, 11:04 AM

It is the first hand I posted. Lighten up. I learned from it, no reason to tack on a "quit crying" when this post was helpful in furthering my ability. This isn't all about you and your precious forum space. It is about learning, and sharing ideas. Sorry I don't have much to offer you, because I'm a beginner. You offered me insight, and I took it with me. Mission accomplished, everybody get off my back.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:32 PM

Making a min raise from EP with a pair of 3s makes no sense. Just limp in, call a raise that is 10% or less of the effective stacks, and play for a set on the flop.

The min raise was silly here, and it actually just worked to make the pot bigger so that the raise was more than 10% of your stack.

Anyway, the preflop raise was only just slightly more than 10%, so calling is bad but not catestrophic.

Once you flop your set, your job is to act in a way to get the most money in the pot as early as possible without letting possible draws be properly priced in to catch their outs. This board, for example, has a number of draws so betting/raising the flop is better than any kind of slow play.

BTW, if you ran into set over set, then reload and don't worry about it. Any other hand was behind you on the flop where you got all your money in and they'd have needed to get lucky (like 2 running hearts!).
Old 12-17-2005, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont mini-raise pre-flop
dont call the re-raise so short stacked
dont sit short stacked, go play 100 NL
dont post bad beats

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-17-2005, 02:29 PM

This is the kind of post that is really helpful. I have been neglecting the 5-10 rule and that is going to stop now. Also the link to minraising was really helpful in solving some really big problems at the core of my game. Thanks.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:10 PM

Since you're new here, I'll give you a tip. Don't name a thread "Am I an idiot" and then post a bad beat. You won't get no for an answer.