Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 05:45 PM

Default What happened with the HU-3h forum?

Anyone has an answer on that?

The difference between HU and 6max is greater than 6max and Full ring so it seems pretty stupid that they try to have one combined HU and SH forum. Well it didn't work before so why wouldn't it now they seem to reason.

The blind structure is completely different in HU compared to SH since the SB acts last.

I'd like to know 10 good reasons why they did not create a HU forum. Can any mod please respond to this.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:08 PM

Default Re: What happened with the HU-3h forum?

[ QUOTE ]

The difference between HU and 6max is greater than 6max and Full ring so it seems pretty stupid that they try to have one combined HU and SH forum. Well it didn't work before so why wouldn't it now they seem to reason.

The blind structure is completely different in HU compared to SH since the SB acts last.

I'd like to know 10 good reasons why they did not create a HU forum. Can any mod please respond to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a mod, but I can provide you with some reasons why they might not of. HU has been getting discussed recently in these forums, and if people make the effort, HU can easily be kept with the rest. Also, every time you split, you run the risk of not getting enough traffic for the forum to be useful, or it could potentially be detrimental to another forum. MUSH currently doesn't have huge volume, so creating a HU forum would probably take even more traffic away from MUSH.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 PM

hmm. I replied to this post when the full content of it was just:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you edit your post? I wonder if somehow that deleted mine. This could be a bug I need to report.

Anyway, to the question:

The mods + admin of 2+2 are doing their best to make the forums as productive as possible. In this spirit, we do not want to change too much, too quickly. There was very little HU/3handed discussion in HUSH, so it was decided that if there was enough interest after the split it could be added then.

As spicymoose mentioned, we don't want to make too many forums too fast b/c then we risk having too little traffic.

So, if you are interestid in HU and 3-handed, post hands here! There are plenty (myself included) who will gladly engage in that type of discussion, and the more of this type of content that occurs the more likely it is to have a HU/3 forum someday.

Thanks for your interest in the forumns,

Surf
Old 11-27-2005, 08:46 PM

Yes I edited my post so there is probably a bug somewhere.

"
The mods + admin of 2+2 are doing their best to make the forums as productive as possible. In this spirit, we do not want to change too much, too quickly."

I agree with this.

"There was very little HU/3handed discussion in HUSH, so it was decided that if there was enough interest after the split it could be added then."

Yes, it was non existent and the reason was that maybe 10% in the SH forum was interested in a the HU part so when someone asked something noone responded and those who wanted
to respond never saw the question since it got off the first
page too quick and another reason is that there is no logic
having SH and HU merged since they are 2 different animals.

"As spicymoose mentioned, we don't want to make too many forums too fast b/c then we risk having too little traffic."

I prefer a high quality forum where you can search and find what you need instead of how it is now. There is no way you can find the good HU material in SH since it is clogged with non HU hands.

Just because noone posts it doesn't mean there is no interest. The reason is there is no decent place to post. Try a no limit question in the fixed micro limit forum and you won't get any answers either.

The traffic ain't no problem. When 2p2 was young we didn't have a 50s of the traffic it has now but the quality isn't any better now, probably worse(more good posts but also much more bad ones).
Old 11-27-2005, 09:38 PM

Hey Erik,

Thanks for your input. I'll make sure Mat Sklansky knows that there is a current interest in the HU forum.

I've personally posted HU/3handed sessions/hands in HUSH and watch them get swamped by other posts, so I know what you mean. However, part of the reason for the HUSH split was so that these posts wouldn't get drowned out anymore. Baronzeus's recent HU post got quite a bit of attention, actually.

Hopefully there will continue to be more HU/3 discussion here and in SSHUSH so we can lobbby to get the HU/3 forum created sooner rather than later.

Thanks for the input. If you have further suggestions feel free to PM me or Mat Sklansky. I'm going to lock the thread now b/c it is not a strategy post. There is a new forum called "Forum Suggestions" that is monitored by the mods + admins of 2+2. Please post there as well and let your voice be heard.

Thanks,

Surf
Closed Thread