Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 10:09 PM

Default I hit my hand.....

.25/.50 no limit. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the SB 2 limpers, I complete the SB and villain checks his option in the BB.

The only noteworthy thing I've noticed about villain since I've sat down is that he really badly overplayed in which he called a raise preflop with A9o, bet the pot into the pre flop raiser when the flop came 9 high, then 3-betted all in when he was raised and still had a lot of chips behind.

The flop was 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I decided to bet out $1.50 on this harmless looking flop figuring I had a good chance to take it down and if I was called, I'd have backdoor diamonds, a two and maybe ace outs..or I might have the best hand if someone calls me on a straight draw. Anyway, villain is the only caller.

The turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] completing my straight.
Knowing villain's tendency to overplay his hands, I'm sure he will bet a pair here if checked to, so I decide to check-raise. HE bets $3 and I raise to $9...he min-reraises to $15. Villain has $50 behind and I cover. The pot is $29 dollars at the moment. What's my plan for the rest of the hand.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:21 PM

Default Re: I hit my hand.....

If villian has a tendency to overplay TP, as you say he does, I think I rr he to about thirty hoping he pushes. He seems like te kind of guy that would RR you all in here, "making a play"
Old 11-12-2005, 10:33 PM

I always open with a standard raise in this position. I do not want the BB playing any two, and I don't want to be playing a limped pot.

Since it looks like you're playing an overagressive dork I'm going to make a blocking bet on the river and push to his raise.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:37 AM

with 2 limpers in the hand? That seems rather overaggressive to me..most of the time this will be a very difficult hand to play out of position.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I always open with a standard raise in this position. I do not want the BB playing any two, and I don't want to be playing a limped pot.

Since it looks like you're playing an overagressive dork I'm going to make a blocking bet on the river and push to his raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Building big pots OOP w/ marginal hands is sweeeeeeeeeeet.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:57 PM

If I have 64 in the BB, this is exactly how I play it - I am open-ended so I probably call your flop bet and when I hit my hand I attack.

That said, I could see someone (someone like the player you say villain is) going broke with 82 here.

He is in the BB and anything is possible but I really think he's got 46 enough of the time that calling him down from the turn minraise on is not a bad option. You're gonna win a big pot letting him bet at it if he is overplaying two pairs and lose less if he's got the nuts.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:17 PM

I was almost going to just push it in, feeling he was ready to go broke with two pair or a set here, but I looked at what hands could beat me...specifically 64 and found that it wouldve been open ended on the flop and was a very likely line for him to take, so I restrained myself from losing my stack and just called his raise, and check-called the river. I feel I saved my stack this hand when he did turn over the 64 for the higher straight.