Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Meh.... KK

No read, I'm 11-tabling. NL 25 at party full ring, I have 45$, he has 30$ to start.

I have K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP1, he lipms UTG+1. I raise to 1$ on accident (hit 1 instead of 2), and he calls.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
-- He check/calls a 2$ bet

Pot 6$
Turn 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
-- He checks, I bet 5$, he check raises all in IMMEDIATELY, 20$ back to me...
Old 10-27-2005, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Meh.... KK

Im folding. Im just starting to learn AA and KK arent as pretty as they look. He might have 77 or 44 and you'r dead... with no read there is no way to know. It could also be a semibluff.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:40 PM

Put him all in. There's a lot of donkeys at NL25. He might even be trying to represent a set of 3s. He could have a str8 or a set but I would call. He might be a donk overplaying A7. Whatever the result, make a note.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Another factor that leads me to put him all in is the size of his raise doesn't look like he's begging for a call. He seems to want you to go away. If he had a set/str8/boat I don't think he would raise this much. There are enough oddballs out there to make this worth a raise.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:43 PM

Personally I call here. My reasoning is if he flopped a set, he probably would not have slow played it on the draw heavy board. The quick raise all-in usually means a semi-bluff from inexperienced players. Without any reads, I would probably put him on a delayed semi-bluff with two hearts. Another thing is your misclick raise may have him conviced you do not have a strong hand. I call here and hope for the best.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:46 PM

Without a read I'd probably give it up. No PT stats or anything?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:47 PM

Thought he had a few bucks left. Obviously you can't put him all in. Call
Old 10-27-2005, 02:55 PM

I went back to look over the hand histories to see how LAG he was, and timed out before I could decide.

I think I fold-- I usually notice the COMPLETE morons at the table even when 11-tabling, and he hadn't done anything crazy.

Neither of the checks felt right, and it was pretty clear I didn't have air-- so I'm very tempted to think he had a good hand.

If it's really that close, folding can't be that bad.... but I'm still a little uneasy about this one.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:06 PM

i think i fold here too, but its real close. i think his range is 77,44,A3,88-JJ,56,A7,air,semi-bluffing hands. plus the fact that most of these donks aren't tricky enough to make this bluff trying to represent. from my experience a push at the 25 game means the nuts or close to it...
Old 10-27-2005, 03:18 PM

11 tabling, you give this up. Many times you'll make this call, if you're 3 tabling or such.

You need a read.