Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Getting desperate for help

Upon further reflection, I've decided that this is an April Fool's joke.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Upon further reflection, I've decided that this is an April Fool's joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did for a little too, but then I thought about his play and it's pretty congruent with this downswing. I know that makes me sound like an ass, but meh. I don't think it's a joke, although I wouldn't be suprised. Even if he's not in some attrocious spiral there are some definate things he SHOULD work on.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:53 PM

It could be a joke because in the last 1000 hands I've played against David, he's running at 4.5 BB/100. I know this is a micro-sized sample, but it's interesting nonetheless. Maybe he should just follow me around since he seems to be winning at my tables...lol.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After reading the thread, I have some odd thoughts to add:

1800 said he did not think the tournament experience was hurting your limit game, but I am not so sure. One thing I do in no limit (ring and tourney) is cold call A LOT more, and I'm pretty sure this is correct. I have been playing a lot more NL ring games lately do to circumstance, and I am always reminding myself of the differences when playing limit.

So, do this: by period (month, quarter, whatever) record your pfcc percentages and your win rate for that period. Obviously, not all cold calls are created equal, but let's just look for a simple correlation to start.

Do the same thing with vpip, pfr, and post flop aggression.

I think your numbers say you were 1.9BB/100 for ~300K hands over a 10 month period. I don't think the games have changed enough in the last year to cause a -2.9bb/100 swing (extrapolating from your numbers, it looks like you are slightly better than -1bb/100 for the last 3 months/90k hands). So the problem is some combination of running bad and your game changing. Over 90k hands (again, guessing that is about what you played this year), it seems that a good portion of this is due to your game deteriorating.

I strongly suggest looking for correlation between your stats and your results.

As to anyone being willing to review hand histories, you have a forum full of them. No one ever got banned for posting too many hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTT.

-Barron
Old 04-01-2005, 04:28 PM

Default No Joke

It's definitely not a joke. I need help, but posting a couple or dozens of hands isn't going to do it, because I'm not sure where to look anymore. I really would love for someone to take a nights worth of play and identify hands that show a trend towards sub-par play for me and then put them up for discussion. I'm so focused on the $700 pots that I lead until the river that I'm having trouble identifying the specific areas that need work. I have dropped the cold calls with suited broadways that I used to play a lot. I'm cold calling now only with pairs that I think have a chance of seeing a flop 4 ways or better, otherwise I'm 3 betting or folding.

I really think my problems are post flop though. I'm not getting paid off on big hands, and I'm paying off too much, but on the other hand I'm folding a couple of winners a night too.

SO who is willing to step up and look at a nights worth of hands for me?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: No Joke

Me, but I can't get to it before sometime next week.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:30 PM

Sounds like it's time for a couple weeks off.

TSP
Old 04-01-2005, 04:37 PM

Post the last 20 hands where you saw the flop. It doesn't matter how boring or routine the hand is, just do it. Of course, you'll also need to post the relevant stats, what you knew about the other players at the time the hand transpired, etc.

Default PM me

[ QUOTE ]
It's definitely not a joke. I need help, but posting a couple or dozens of hands isn't going to do it, because I'm not sure where to look anymore. I really would love for someone to take a nights worth of play and identify hands that show a trend towards sub-par play for me and then put them up for discussion. I'm so focused on the $700 pots that I lead until the river that I'm having trouble identifying the specific areas that need work. I have dropped the cold calls with suited broadways that I used to play a lot. I'm cold calling now only with pairs that I think have a chance of seeing a flop 4 ways or better, otherwise I'm 3 betting or folding.

I really think my problems are post flop though. I'm not getting paid off on big hands, and I'm paying off too much, but on the other hand I'm folding a couple of winners a night too.

SO who is willing to step up and look at a nights worth of hands for me?

[/ QUOTE ]

i feel for ya DR. and since you share the same name with a good friend from college i'll do it.

pm me your AIM name and i'll play w/ you tonight (at your tables) & scout a game or two for us. when we are not in hands together tell me what you have & i'll watch you play.

requirements: we play no more than 2 tables for a bit and test it out. i want you to concentrate on your hands. 2) you DONT DO ANYTHING DIFFERENT now that i'd be watching...if you do, tell me. if not, you wont learn if its a mistake imo...PROVISO, clearly im not the best on this forum by any stretch of the imagination so my advice will only be able to stem the tide and not improve you to a 3bb/100 winner.

-Barron

I know im new to this forum, but I am a winning player who makes his living doing this and would gladly review hands for you David.