Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 09:30 PM

Default QQ vs weird limp-reraise.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) converter

UTG ($27.65)
UTG+1 ($37.70)
MP1 ($105.60)
MP2 ($107.05)
CO ($97.90)
Button ($34.85)
SB ($96.80)
Hero ($83.30)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls $1, MP2 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, MP1 calls $4, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $107.05</font>, SB folds, Hero ....

Villain is the 2nd limper in this pot, ...it just didn't make sense for AA or KK. I felt he could be doing this with a wide range to steal the $11 in the pot. This kind of weird messed up move is almost always a fish's way of saying he has AA or KK right?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: QQ vs weird limp-reraise.

Well, what kinda read/stats were you getting from psycho limper? I think calling here is dependent on a good read, and even then there are better spots to pull this off.

Also, I'm usually thankful when I see a big raise like this from a fish that believes AA and KK are bulletproof. Saves me from wasting any money on those tricky high pair (QQ, JJ, 1010).
Old 09-26-2005, 10:16 PM

Weird hand alright. What's your table image and what's villian been doing.

Without a read I have to fold this and make a note on the limp reraise.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:19 PM

Weird? Yes
Horrible? Yes
AA or KK? Almost always.

Busting him with 7 2o next time? Priceless
Old 09-26-2005, 10:21 PM

You see this every one in a while from the really dumb ones.

Thought process: "I have AA! Hmm, this guy limped, I shall trap him by limping! Oh, the button raised? Oh well he obviously has an awesome hand that will call me when I go all in!"

What I really hate is when some psycho lag finally limps for once, and you have say, pocket 3s and want to try to flop a set, but then the BB minraises, and the lag suddenly lights up for a big reraise. That's annoying as hell. I just feel like shaking the BB, we could have seen a flop dumbass! now we have to fold!
Old 09-26-2005, 10:36 PM

Sorry, I wlll post reads if I have them, but if I don't it usually means tha he just joined the table or he hasn't done anything so bad as to make me remember him. Since I didn't have him read as a wacky, lag player I think this one is probably a fold. Though, in the actually situation, my curiosity as it so many times does, go the best of me and I called after almost running out of time. He had the AA of course.