Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: AK Early Tourney - Getting away from it.

My question is really a broader question that applies to hold 'em.

Where is the line between weak tight/and correct play?

Maybe I should have shut down after the min check-raise on the flop, maybe I should have checked behind on the turn.

Maybe when you have KK and the flop come 78A you should make a CB, or maybe you should check fold.

Where is that line, especially since on the net you're getting moved a lot and you have to evaluate a lot of hands in a vacuum.

Edit: Yeah looking back my turn bet was better off being either a check or an all in, was half my stack. But heat of hte moment its tough to weigh everything sometimes.

I often find myself in a situation where I find out (too late) on the turn or the river that I probably dont have the best hand and end up pushing the rest of my chips in because the pot odds are just too good or I'd be down way too far otherwise. Gotta stop doing that. :P

As Dan Harrington says, you need to play smallball. Get in, and get out if you hit resistance.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: AK Early Tourney - Getting away from it.

I think when you go up against lag big stack early, you're stack is always in peril. That said I feel that a larger than average raise say 5-6 bb is more appropriate so if you get a caller before him the price isn't so good. Otherwise he could be inclined to see a flop with 67o. He was willing to limp in the first place why not punish him a little more for the privilege?