Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Could I get my account closed for bad language in an email?

So, I emailed eurobet about all the disconnect issues, didn't get a real response, so emailed them again. Admittedly, I was a little upset when writing the second email and did swear a few times and called eurobets customer service a joke. A short while later, I got this response:

Dear Mr XXXX,

Thank you for your message

Can you please provide us with the table number of the table you got disconected from and do you see any message on the table.

PS just some advice XXXX if this was someone else answering this message you would get your account closed within minutes because of your french i understand this is frustrating but please understand that this may be a problem with our poker software provider in india, since i think it is unfair to close someones account because they are getting problems but please have this in mind for any future problems,

please provide me with the details mentioned above and i'll look into it ok.

Kind regards
Kyle
Eurobet
Customer services

I find it hard to believe that anyone at eurobet would close somebody's account whose MGR is $4-6,000 each month because he was ranting a little bit about all of the sites recent problems. What do you guys think? Would they actually do this?
Old 07-21-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Could I get my account closed for bad language in an email?

The guy was probably just trying to feel powerful and important. While using profanity in an e-mail is never a good idea, it can come back to haunt you, I doubt that EuroBet would be able to justify closing your account because of your frustration.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:31 PM

Probably not. But show some class.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably not. But show some class.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I was just frustrated is all. I will keep my emotions in check next time.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:45 PM

i think to an extent this is similar to dealer/floor abuse. it takes a long time and many violations by big players, but some eventually DO get tossed from a room. i think you are fine this time, but i would not jeopardize my relationship with a site that i am playing ~5k per month because i would not want to lose them. obviously you are set up there and on a decent rb program, so fly under the radar next time. it is not worth the risk.

you will get the same answers anyway.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:48 PM

guy was on a power trip...no way they'd lose your business over some swear words. Word of wisdom though, a kind word goes a long long way. I was dealing with interpoker once and sent them a reply to an e-mail they answered for me and told them how much i appreciated their quick and intelligent response and how highly i thought of them. I get another e-mail back saying my account has just been credited $20...sweet.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:24 AM

I suggest that you spend five minutes thinking about what a nice life you have.

Then consider what it must be like to answer customer email all day for a Party skin. Consider the great pay, solid benefits, stimulating work environment, and the pride of working for a business that excels in all respects. <Smiley for sarcasm impaired>

Don't be the restaurant patron who abuses an overworked, underpaid waiter because the kitchen ruined your order and the owner doesn't care. Nothing you put in an email is going to touch anyone actually responsible for the problems.

I know you're sorry but I'm sure that your nastygram is just one of thousands at this point. Everyone needs to keep their anger properly directed and not abuse innocent people.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:39 AM

I know a guy who got banned from Stars for replying to a chat warning email with "what the hell did i do? have a nice **** day"