Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 08:06 PM

Default Re: Folding bottom full on river

AJh is 4% to win the hand and 88 is 69%
Old 01-18-2005, 08:16 PM

I like the raise preflop.

On the flop, I bet about $130.

On the turn, I lead out for about 3/4 of the pot if I think my opponent has an Ace. If I think they have clubs, I check and CR if they bet.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:28 PM

This is a bit tricky here...

One thing to think about, though it might be giving this player too much credit:

What would she put you on? Would she think you would re-raise preflop from the blinds with KQs, KJs, etc?

So, the likelihood of you having a flush is minimal. What would she probably put you on if you re-raised preflop (read as: what do most people re-raise preflop with?)

AK, or a big pair.

The blanket statement of "She wouldn't push with a flush on a paired board" might be true, but in this context, the board pairing, IMO, is not a devastating blow to the power of the flush. The fact is, if she's holding a flush, and doesn't have a read on you as an over aggressive player, her flush would place her beating every hand you could hold, with the notable exceptions of AA (very unlikely for obvious reasons) and JJ (might not always re-raise preflop with JJ, one hits the board, didn't make a larger bet on the river...) Given me personally, if I hadn't seen you re-raise preflop from the blinds with less than the big-dog hands, I would not need a full to make this river play.

Bankroll considerations aside, I think you're going to be shown a flush way more often than you'd need to make the river call profitable getting around 2.5 to 1, but who knows, I'm a bit of a fish.

My second note: I don't mind the smaller bet on the flop, but I think I'd like a much larger bet on the turn.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:32 PM

You need a dead solid read in order to make this fold... if there was any doubt in your mind then I think you have to call this. My guess is that she hit a flush and wasn't playing perfectly. I would put you on AK, since as others said before most people won't raise a mid pocket pair in the small blind. Remember, not everyone plays correctly 100% of the time... in fact most don't.

Oh and I think you set it up perfectly to clean her out on the river when the flush hits, but you didn't capitalize. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 08:45 PM

You have reraise preflop and You need bet 100-130 post flop ( Ax, flush draw, straight draw will call u) and then keep leading on turn and river. Player A and u have deep stake, u need to charge him for draw.

In this case,because u show weakest on all street Player A can have all type of hand on river(Ax, any PP, flush/straight or bluffing) the pot have already 1k+ it is easy call the 500 and hope, I never fold a Full for such a large pot.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:50 PM

With 2 people behind, you bet less than half the pot.
If one is on a flush draw and both call then they have almost the correct pot odds to call.
Are you saying if a club came on the turn you have odds to draw to a FH? Calling a bet after a club hits is giving them implied odds to call your flop bet with slightly incorrect pot odds if you will pay them off anyway.
You also said if a full came on the turn you'd make a larger bet to give them poor odds but you didn't do that - you bet 100 into a 385 pot.
So they're getting almost 5-1 to call. If the 2nd limper calls too they're getting nearly 6-1.

When the flush then hits shouldn't you be calling the all-in raise instantly as they've just fallen into the trap?
If it was your intention to trap the flush then you've done it - but now you're worried about a bigger boat?
I call here almost every time if I'm going to play it this way. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know.

I'm not trying to critisize your play, the goal was to get a flush all in and that seems to be what you've done.
Old 01-18-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like the raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stacks are pretty deep.
Betting out on the flop may/probably will take it down anyway.
Hands like this where your opponent hits something decent and doesn't suspect your set/boat.

Out of position, it's not as great but in the games I play in I'd still make this play. If you limp and hit the set it's generally hard to extract a lot in an unraised pot. If you put in this extra 8bb or so preflop you may well find yourself getting stacked when you hit.

These are just my random thoughts. I think fsuplayer likes this play too (though maybe not from the SB).

Now, I really must go revise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2005, 09:02 PM

Going all in with the flush has made you consider mucking the low boat if she thinks you would muck 88 or 99.

EDIT - or as Doomslice has suggested she has just misread you and thinks she has the best hand and wants to get paid off.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:02 PM

You're not limping - you are calling a raise. So, what if you reraise and Villain makes it $200? Unless you're confused about the situation, I don't think this is a good move here.