Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 06:50 PM

Default KQs - Questionable every street

MP/CO/button are very loose. I think button is tilting.
How do you play this?

Converter is messed up.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, MP calls, CO calls.

Turn: (13.70 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

I bet, mp calls, co call, button raises, i three bet, everyone calls, button is allin.

River: (25.70 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

I check, MP bets, co raises, i fold.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:54 PM

Default Re: KQs - Questionable every street

why bet the flop? why bet/3-bet the turn?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:03 PM

I bet the flop because i have top pair vs calling stations and a tilted button. I bet/three bet the turn because i have tp and a flush draw. Would you c/r the flop/turn, just call down?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:13 PM

I wouldn't lead the flop, but if I did, I would cap it
Old 12-03-2005, 07:17 PM

Leader,

Why wouldnt you lead the flop? Given how i played it, why would you cap? I'm really interested in this, because it seems both you and Miles play this differently which means i'm wondering if i'm playing this correctly.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

Why wouldnt you lead the flop? Given how i played it, why would you cap? I'm really interested in this, because it seems both you and Miles play this differently which means i'm wondering if i'm playing this correctly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I agree with a cap myself, but this looks like a good spot to check with the intent of raising the pfr for protection and value.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leader,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there's a ton of difference between lead and CR since you have a tilting BT. I would definately cap though. A bad player on tilt could have anything. CO doesn't have you beat often here.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:40 PM

Redd,

My thinking must be way off because the only draws on this board are flush draws and if i check so i can check/raise they still have odds to call. If i bet, they call and PRF raises which is what i thought would happen, i get three bets in. I had planned on c/r the turn to a non heart, the diamond (IMO) means i want everyone in not out. Am i way off here?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure there's a ton of difference between lead and CR since you have a tilting BT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You c/r to push out MP/CO. Granted this is close to a WA/WB type of flop but we're very multiway and the pot is very large so we're getting to the point where we'd like to get a lot of hands, even those drawing relatively slim, out.
Old 12-03-2005, 07:56 PM

Leader,

I think i agree with the cap in hindsight.

Damaniac,

Given the players whichs draws do i want out that are folding to a check-raise here?