Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Typing speed competition

In high school, I ended up in some lame keyboarding class where I typed faster than the teacher and she wanted me to join some gayrod typing team and go to competitions and [censored]. I said [censored] NO! I tested at 122wpm in the class and the goal for the class was to be able to type 40wpm. The stupid bitch gave me a B because I didn't improve enough, having come into the class typing 90wpm+. I think she was just jealous that I could type faster than her. She sucks. Now I suck. I doubt I'd get over 60 or 70 wpm now.

One other thing that was kind of fun was they used all the old keyboards for this class. For all the youngins here, the way a keyboard bolds a letter is to strike it twice. I set the bold lock on and when we'd have a time test, I'd type my 100wpm+, which would be too fast for the keyboard to keep up with when it was double-striking and it would keep going for like 20 seconds after the minute test was up. You had to do everything you could in that class to keep entertained. Luckily, there were a couple fun/hot chicks sitting next to me, so that kept me entertained most of the time.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, there were a couple fun/hot chicks sitting next to me, so that kept me entertained most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And nothing pulls wool like being a very fast typist.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Luckily, there were a couple fun/hot chicks sitting next to me, so that kept me entertained most of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And nothing pulls wool like being a very fast typist.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're damned right. It pays to be well-rounded.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:51 PM

I dunno really, type words not letters I guess. I saw that three guys had beat me on the top 100 and I managed to pull this off; I was going at 160+ actually which is way more than I've ever done until I screwed up like 3 words in a row right at the end.

But that other guy is still 8 ahead of me...