Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 04:12 PM

Default muckleshoot 4/8 - full ring checkup - 88

My girlfriend and I were driving back to Portland from seattle and stopped muckleshoot to check things out. I grabbed a seat in the 4/8 game while she was busy dumping chips at 3-card poker.

I've only been at the table a short time, but I've seen the villain in this hand aggressively pumping his draws, raising and checkraising with any quality draw on both the flop and turn. He's also played a lot of weak [censored], like K3o, raising and continuing to fire after hitting bottom pair in a 4-way pot. The two seats to my right are an older asian lady who has been violently mucking her cards every time she gets dealt a 'bad' hand (she's like 60% VPIP) and a kid who is 'trying' poker because he ran bad at craps. They're the SB and BB.

I limp 88 UTG, 3 folds, a fish limps, villain (35/9/2.5 if i had to guess) limps, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: T46r..

I check, fish checks, Villain bets, blinds call, I raise, fish folds, Villain 3-bets, blinds fold..

Turn: 2 (rainbow complete)

I bet.. Villain looks surprised and just calls

River: A

I check, intending to call

How did I do?

Is there a better way to play the flop?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: muckleshoot 4/8 - full ring checkup - 88

I don't really like the limp. It's 8-handed. Raise.

Other than that, I like this hand if you think he's capable of 3-betting a 4, a 6, a mid PP, or overcards.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: muckleshoot 4/8 - full ring checkup - 88

Were you checkraising this flop hoping that the aggro would 3-bet? If you think he'll raise, why not just bet the flop? You limit the chances of the blinds getting trapped in the hand, which is something you don't want with such a marginal holding. I'd bet the flop. If I did check, I'd just call the flop and donkbet the turn if a safe card came.