Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 02:07 AM

Default 3/6 - Blind Defense - Donk River?

Same guy as the disconnecting mouse hand, but earlier in the session. I would go on to dominate this guy, but this was early. No stats, but seems quasi-solid preflop. This is the first time he raised my blinds.

I was planning on check-raising most flops, other than some high coordinated ones.

His turn raise felt like such a semi-bluff overs free showdown play. I was generally confused at the river. Donk/fold? Check/fold? Check/call?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero ??

Final Pot: 8.16 BB
Old 09-23-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: 3/6 - Blind Defense - Donk River?

no, i dont like to bet the river here. also, if you are calling down and dont think he will fold a pair here you might want to wait to c/r when you hit on a bigger street sometiems. especailly if you think he is aggressive enough to bet every turn.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:31 AM

c/c the river.. you only have to win 1 in 8?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:35 AM

I don't think I would've called a river bet if I didn't improve. I couldn't beat anything concievable. And I still don't know if I should be calling the 4. Since he's somewhat new I might just to look him up.

In the few orbits so far, he didn't seem like a showdown whore, so I thought there was a good chance of taking it down on the turn if he didn't have a pair or draw.
Old 09-23-2005, 11:50 AM

1) Against an unknown, who has had a few opportunities to steal the blinds and hasn't so far then I'd fold A4o PF. Your equity against a random hand isn't good enough imo, oop, unless you are sure he raises any playable hand. If you aren't sure, exercise your patience and wait until you have a better idea of who you're playing against.

2) Since you don't know which hand this guy steals with and how he plays on the turn and river, I'd call down with my oesd with showdown value. Knowing that villian only steals with a high king or better, for example, is more important than protecting your hand. Remember this guy will be on your right for the rest of the session.