Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2005, 04:02 AM

Default Do you respect other multi-tablers when you see them?

I usually believe that multi-tablers have some semblance of what they're doing. Otherwise they wouldn't be multi-tabling right?

Wrong, I've found a lot of LAG's and calling stations who multi-table and it's great. I just stay away from the TAG multi-tabler's. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Do you respect other multi-tablers when you see them?

[ QUOTE ]
I just stay away from the TAG multi-tabler's. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The other day me and Ancient played 3-handed vs. another guy for like 5 minutes.

That was very weird.

Also Ancient is incredibly good at seat sniping about 3 seconds before you want to sit down.

Oh yeah and the ultra freak LAGs (like 80vpip/30pfr) seem to never ever multitable.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:17 AM

Well it's because Paradise doesn't offer waiting lists for their 5-max tables which I think is really dumb. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Plus I did find one ultra-LAG multi-tabling those tables.
Old 02-12-2005, 05:14 AM

Oddly enough, yes. I have found the players I've multi-tabled with are better players. I've found that if I'm searching for tables with high pot sizes (Party $25), I've found myself playing against the same person several times, and this person usually leaves a winner.

Another side note. I was two-tabling 10+1 SNG on Party yesterday. For the first time since I've been doing this, I noticed someone who was at both my tables. We took 1st and 2nd on both of them, and I could tell he knew what he was doing.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:00 AM

I often see people multitabling to clear bonuses at lower limits. These people are often tight-weak and unobservant, perhaps because they have other tables to watch. Unfortunately, that isn't nearly as profitable as a loose player would be in that seat, so I avoid other multitabling players.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:09 AM

When I was first on Party, I used the search function and would note a player with 'multi' if he showed on more than one table. I'd add the TAG note later if it was appropriate. Since I couldn't play more than one or two tables at a time on Party, I was able to observe that there are indeed a few multi-tablers that are weak. I could sometimes push them off hands or outplay them after the flop. I didn't really notice many of them playing too loosely.

When I first make the note that they are multi-tabling, I assume the worst and stay out of their way and try to sit to their left.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:09 AM

Most multitablers I have seen have good stats, but I have a couple on the buddy list who are atrocious, prime example being a guy who is 80/30 who 3 tables at Party - nice.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:40 AM

How did you find me? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2005, 12:40 PM

I usually give them more respect than most players, until I have some reason to believe they suck.
Old 02-12-2005, 01:14 PM

If they multi-table, I usually have enough hands on them to make a judgement based on that so I don't rely on the fact that they multi-table to judge them. That being said, I think the avg. mult-tabler is significantly better than the avg. player.