Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 09:31 AM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.
Default Kerry\'s Legislative Accomplishments

The DNC posted a list of bills Kerry introduced and were enacted into law. He sponsored to enactment a total of 11 bills in his 20 years and I must say, it is a list of Great achievement:

Of those 11 bills, 4 designated special days or weeks with titles... 1 expressed solidarity with a family... 1 renamed a building... and 1 awarded Jackie Robinson a congressional Gold Medal... 2 appropriated funds for existing programs, 1 amended an existing act, and 1 reauthorized an existing program. *

Wow! What an accomplishment for 20 years in the US Senate. I'm impressed.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Kerry\'s Legislative Accomplishments

It is amazing that the DNC has Kerry's record linked to their front page, it doesn't make him look good at all.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:11 PM

and YOUR accomplishments, especially before becoming president?
Old 10-14-2004, 03:26 PM

this is just a dumb, misleading post. come on..
Old 10-14-2004, 03:39 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
this is just a dumb, misleading post. come on..

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you actually read the DNC list of Kerry's accomplishments? They really do amount to nothing. Go Here and Click on "Click Here" for a PDF file.

Kerry's record really is that bad.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:53 PM

yea, he sat on his butt for the past 20 whatever years and accomplished 4 small things. there are different types of senators with different jobs. sponsoring bills is not what kerry did in the senate. but you knew that so why am i bringing it up
Old 10-14-2004, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sponsoring bills is not what kerry did in the senate.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing he did while in the Senate is chat up the Senate wives until he found one he liked, whom he married when her husband died. Ya got to have your priorities straight. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2004, 03:58 PM

and yet, bringing up a president's daughter is too low.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and yet, bringing up a president's daughter is too low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this isn't on national TV in front of millions of people.
Old 10-17-2004, 05:10 PM

Here is the list in case people are interested:

From FactCheck :

S.791: Authorizes $53 million over four years to provide grants to woman-owned small businesses. (1999)
S.1206: Names a federal building in Waltham, Massachusetts after Frederick C. Murphy, who was killed in action during World War II and awarded (posthumously) the Medal of Honor. (1994)
S.1636: A save-the-dolphins measure aiming “to improve the program to reduce the incidental taking of marine mammals during the course of commercial fishing operations.” (1994)
S.1563: Funding the National Sea Grant College Program, which supports university-based research, public education, and other projects “to promote better understanding, conservation and use of America’s coastal resources.” (1991)
S.423: Granting a visa and admission to the U.S. as a permanent resident to Kil Joon Yu Callahan. (1987)

The Bush campaign left out two bills authored by Kerry which passed the Senate and later became law in a slightly different form approved by the House, under the same titles and mostly same substance. (This occurs when House and Senate versions differ so slightly that one house adopts the other's version rather than go to the trouble of a House-Senate conference to work out a compromise.) The citations were provided by the Kerry campaign, and we verified them:

H.R.1900 (S.300): Awarded a congressional gold medal to Jackie Robinson (posthumously), and called for a national day of recognition. (2003)
H.R.1860 (S.856): Increased the maximum research grants for small businesses from $500,000 to $750,000 under the Small Business Technology Transfer Program. (2001)