Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Two hands v a very good player? (SDM hands)

Here are two hands I played against a player who is doing well at the tables, so I'm assuming is a very good player, but I don't know.

This will be the last of my hand postings for a while, sorry.

Appreciate your advice on them.

Cheers.

-----------------------------------------------------

HAND 1

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.75 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.75 SB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.38 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (5.38 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.38 BB)

Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (9.38 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $36 | Rake: $1.50

<font color="white">
Hero: [ 6d 8c 6h Qc Qh 8s 2h ] [ two pairs, queens and eights -- Qc,Qh,8c,8s,6d ]

Seat 6: [ Ts 7s 6s Th 2s Tc 3c ] [ three of a kind, tens -- Ts,Th,Tc,7s,6s ]</font>

HAND 2

7 Card Stud High ($2/$4), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.88 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (5.38 SB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (3.69 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___raises

6th Street - (7.69 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

River - (9.69 BB)

Hero: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (11.69 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: $44.75 | Rake: $2

<font color="white">
Hero: [ Kh Kc 2s 3s 9d 9h 4c ] [ two pairs, kings and nines -- Kh,Kc,9d,9h,4c ]

Seat 6: [ 8d Ad 8h As Ks 7h Jd ] [ two pairs, aces and eights -- Ad,As,Ks,8d,8h ]</font>
Old 10-02-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: Two hands v a very good player? (SDM hands)

1st Hand: Reraise on fifth, its almost impossible for him to have you beat at this point. Check call the rest of the way.

2nd hand: I probably play the same, but will reraise third. THe rest of the hand is just kind of crappy. Maybe someone else can give some better advice on that one.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:12 AM

Since I don't have the experience that many of you have, I ahve a question regading hand 1. Why isn't this a fold on 3rd Street after the complete bet?

you've got a pair of 6's with an 8 kicker and one of your 6's is already dead.

Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 11:25 AM

On the first hand, third street is an easy, easy fold. Even for half a bet, it isn't worth playing a pair of Sixes with a Six gone. In this case in particular, you're up against a guy whom you perceive as being a good player who raised in early position. I don't see him doing this with 876, and with so many hearts gone, he can hardly have done this with a three-flush. Presumably, he has some reasonable pair, so you're behind, you need to improve, and you have a dead hand. Save your money.

You should probably give it up on sixth. If he really is a good player, his raise on fifth can only mean a set or a pair and a flush draw, maybe a big pair in the hole. You should be beaten with at most three outs in a smallish pot. The rest of the hand seems OK.

The second hand looks fine, although I would probably bet when I made two pair.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On the first hand, third street is an easy, easy fold. Even for half a bet, it isn't worth playing a pair of Sixes with a Six gone. In this case in particular, you're up against a guy whom you perceive as being a good player who raised in early position. I don't see him doing this with 876, and with so many hearts gone, he can hardly have done this with a three-flush. Presumably, he has some reasonable pair, so you're behind, you need to improve, and you have a dead hand. Save your money.

You should probably give it up on sixth. If he really is a good player, his raise on fifth can only mean a set or a pair and a flush draw, maybe a big pair in the hole. You should be beaten with at most three outs in a smallish pot. The rest of the hand seems OK.

The second hand looks fine, although I would probably bet when I made two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I don't play stud hi
Old 10-02-2005, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Since I don't have the experience that many of you have, I ahve a question regading hand 1. Why isn't this a fold on 3rd Street after the complete bet?

you've got a pair of 6's with an 8 kicker and one of your 6's is already dead.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

He has already put $1 in and he only has to call $1 more. There is $1.50 from antes and the $2 bet. 4.5:1 pot odds. And lots of cards that help him.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:42 PM

No, you're right, I was in zombie mode when i posted last night. Third is an easy fold with his cards dead especially against a somewhat solid player. If his sixes were hidden and he had an overcard with all live cards, then this call makes a lot more sense.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:14 AM

"And lots of cards that help him."

See, this is the part I don't get. That can be said about virtually any 3 starting cards it seems. I look at this hand, he has 668. one of his 6's is dead, if he's even thinking about a srt8 a couple of those are dead as well and there are 2 K's on the board. To me I don't care if I am getting 4.5 to 1 odds it seems i'd be throwing money away, but that's why I am asking the question to learn more.

Thanks for the discussion so far.