Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 10:33 AM

Default Re: Sheffield = Clown

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't doubt it if he was talking about himself but when I think about who the leader of the Yankees is I think Posada just as much as I think Jeter.

Catchers are natural leaders.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but he said other teams know it is up to them to stop this one guy meaning he is a major force at the plate or on the mound. I would put Bernie or Tino up there as well.( meaning a leader of the Yankees, not at the plate.) Heh, maybe he was talking about Womack or Embree.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Who is he talking about is the leader on the team if it's not Jeter? Maybe Matsui but I don't think he's been there long enough. Unless his ego is so big he thinks he's the leader on the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course his ego is big enough to think he's the leader of the team. He certainly isn't referring to Matsui. Sheffield has always had a chip on his shoulder and has worn out his welcome wherever he has played. That being said, he is the last hitter any Yankee opponent wants to see at the plate in late innings, and that includes A-Rod, Jeter, and Matsui.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about A-Rod. Wait and see. He's got published comments from a few weeks ago citing A-Rod. No, I can't find them.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That being said, he is the last hitter any Yankee opponent wants to see at the plate in late innings, and that includes A-Rod, Jeter, and Matsui.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Giambi? Best hitter on the team this year.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That being said, he is the last hitter any Yankee opponent wants to see at the plate in late innings, and that includes A-Rod, Jeter, and Matsui.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...no. Giambi has been the best hitter on the team for the last month. His first 3 months were unmentionable.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. Who is he talking about is the leader on the team if it's not Jeter? Maybe Matsui but I don't think he's been there long enough. Unless his ego is so big he thinks he's the leader on the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course his ego is big enough to think he's the leader of the team. He certainly isn't referring to Matsui. Sheffield has always had a chip on his shoulder and has worn out his welcome wherever he has played. That being said, he is the last hitter any Yankee opponent wants to see at the plate in late innings, and that includes A-Rod, Jeter, and Matsui.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about A-Rod. Wait and see. He's got published comments from a few weeks ago citing A-Rod. No, I can't find them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheffield is certainly not talking about A-Rod as being the leader of the team.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:16 PM

lol. Sheffield is funny too. funny in a different kind of way.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...no. Giambi has been the best hitter on the team for the last month. His first 3 months were unmentionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the course of the season, Giambi has been the best hitter on the team. This is not up for debate.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the course of the season, Giambi has been the best hitter on the team. This is not up for debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's not up for debate is the fact that you must have been in a coma during the months of April, May, and June.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:34 PM

I love it. I wish more ballplayers would do [censored] like this. I don't know, people ask for guys being open, and then guys like Sheff and Schill start saying what's on their minds... and then people start hating them?
Old 08-05-2005, 12:35 PM

Giambi batted .310 in June, you dumb jackfuck.