Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: Folding AA for one more in a big pot

there is a godo chance you got the other two beat, and I don't understand why an unknown can't have KQ or KJ or even KT or Q9 here. plenty of people will gamble it up with a big pair and draw. it's not hard to see Q9 or KQ betting the river
Old 10-03-2005, 01:53 AM

i would want a strong read that the villian is a good thinking winning player.
Even still he might raise AQ or KQ here... and he only needs to do it like 1 in 17 times for you to show a profit...
This fold might be marginally correct... but honestly i think when you are 7 tabling and having to make quick decisions... this isn't a decision i would want to make.
But maybe these are the types of folds the best players make?
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i would want a strong read that the villian is a good thinking winning player.
Even still he might raise AQ or KQ here... and he only needs to do it like 1 in 17 times for you to show a profit...
This fold might be marginally correct... but honestly i think when you are 7 tabling and having to make quick decisions... this isn't a decision i would want to make.
But maybe these are the types of folds the best players make?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno. A lot of the best players find calldowns that i don't, but at the same time, i think (and the THINK part is key) that there is some exaggeration to how aggressive the lower end of the high stakes games (30-60, 50-100) and then folds can be found in some circumstances like this. I dunno, i'll keep trying to figure it out.