Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Party Makes $1,000,000,000 per year - why rig it?

No, but you did say that these poker sites are based in second and third world countries. Could you tell us in which second world country any of these sites is based?
Old 09-27-2004, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, but you did say that these poker sites are based in second and third world countries. Could you tell us in which second world country any of these sites is based?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he's clearly referencing Canada. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2004, 08:59 PM

Default Re: party poker

"Look, I'm very intelligent. If you can't say something mildly interesting, then shut the f uck up!" Melvin is my hero!

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2004, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, he's clearly referencing Canada.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. A guy can only take so much CRAZY TALK.

We are not a 3rd World Country! We have 3rd world debt which means our politicians are rich and our country is 3rd World poor. But to call us 3rd World, EHHH?

And now, back to the really CRAZY talk..
Old 09-27-2004, 10:13 PM

I would never joke around about something as serious as rigged online poker sites.

--turnipmonster
Old 09-27-2004, 10:20 PM

No I believe this completely! What's more - Pacific Poker is rigged!!!

I start playing tonight and get KK. Then it gets cracked on the river by someone who makes a gutshot with his 7 (he had J7o)!!! At this point I'm planning to close my account and transfer all my money out of the acocunt. What happens? I get KK the VERY NEXT HAND! I'm like - WTF??? And it HOLDS UP!!!!!

First I was really happy but then I got scared. They must have known that I was going to close my account and let me have a win!!!! I haven't checked my computer for spyware so they probably have some sort of tracker on my computer that reads thoughts....
Old 09-27-2004, 11:47 PM

David makes good points about the swings. My last live session in AC was brutal, absolutely brutal. The one before that had me down pretty good too, almsot the whole session. I lost with quads to a str-fl, LIVE!, and then the cards ran wild and I came back.

bankrobber's complaint about all of a sudden going dry on good starting hands isn't what costs you money. You can avoid putting money in there. It's when your hands that are favored 75-80% PF and 80-90% post flop start to lose over and over again. Basically, out of 20 times, they lose the percentage of time they should be winning. That's the main characterstic of a bad run on Party and it costs you a lot of money and rightfully so. You were a big favorite and got as many of your chips in as you could. After a while though, AK and JJ look about as good as 72o. That's about when the big Fri David talked about kicks in and it's good again.

I've seen Astroglide say that, for good players to become winning ones online, dealing with the swings will be the biggest obstacle.
Old 09-28-2004, 04:07 AM

You'll see my question was referencing 2nd world countries.

Don't worry, we're all aware Canada is neither a second or a third world country.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:27 AM

I've had similar concerns about the cards being manipulated by the online card rooms. I mean, it's not like your playing with a physical deck. And who is doing the auditing? As far as I can tell, it is some "puppet" company set up by the online card room itself. But, what can you do? You can either pull your money out and hold to your principles. Or you can still take a crack at beating the "crooked" game anyway. I think most people choose the latter.

But, if someone has a legitimate interest in getting a hard look at the numbers by a PhD candidate, I guess I'll throw my resume out there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I've got a B.S. in Math from the UW, and if someone wants to sponser me getting a PhD in math relating to online gaming probabilities, I'd be a neat way to get a PhD. But, I don't know any legit pure math department that would sponser such a thing. It'd probably have to be at a university that has a little looser criteria for a PhD, so that would be a negative concern. I don't want a PhD from "cereal box-top U". Ugh. lmao. Hey, at least it's a PhD.

--Cents
Old 09-28-2004, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't checked my computer for spyware so they probably have some sort of tracker on my computer that reads thoughts....

[/ QUOTE ]

See, if you have a tin-foil hat, you don't have to worry about this.