Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 12:47 AM

Default Re: NCAABB Unranked vs Ranked 11/29

And it WILL be a long season for anyone who follows this trend. And you know why? Not because it's a bad trend, because it's proven to be a solid trend.

But I am the trend killer, and I will be on this trend. My apologies.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And it WILL be a long season for anyone who follows this trend. And you know why? Not because it's a bad trend, because it's proven to be a solid trend.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-30-2005, 01:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
At least he was nice enough to warn us. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also doing my own trend. Fading PSU in EVERY GAME THEY PLAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

One trend is off to a good start. YTD 1-0
Old 11-30-2005, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
0-1 but it's a long season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stick to your guns NoChance as im sure you will.. everyone who is hating on you now will be kicking themselves when the season finishes up.. good stuff!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm also doing my own trend. Fading PSU in EVERY GAME THEY PLAY.

[/ QUOTE ]

One trend is off to a good start. YTD 1-0

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an unkillable trend. No lie. My freshman year, I had bought season tickets. So first game of the year, I go to the BJC, looking forward to a great season of basketball after a decent football season. I watch as Yale blows them out by 17. I've been to 1 game since.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:33 AM

lol... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I might as well throw this in here for everyone.. Its all the upcoming games with a Top25 going to an unranked, in the next week.. keep in mind not too many (if any) of these games will still fit the requirements of NoChance's system, since a lot of them will probably be dogs.. but atleast with this list we can all keep an eye on which games are upcoming.

Figured going a week in advance is about right, with the rankings and things changing.. GL all, thanks to NoChance for bringing this to the forefront!

(5)Oklahoma @ Tulsa 11/30
(20)Nevada @ Kansas 12/1
(22)Wake Forest @ Elon 12/3
(9)Memphis @ Cincinnati 12/3
(15)Arizona @ Houston 12/3
(20)Nevada @ Pacific 12/3
(4)Villanova @ Bucknell 12/6
(17)Indiana @ Indiana St 12/6
(11)Florida @ Providence 12/6
(10)Kentucky @ Georgia St 12/6
(14)Iowa @ Northern Iowa 12/6
Old 11-30-2005, 01:37 AM

I'm not down. One game wont do that to me.

For what it's worth, even though I had money on UNC, it made me sick watching the comeback at the end of the game. Don't get me wrong. I liked the comeback. I just didn't like the way it happened. I felt Illinois was getting away with a lot of pushing off when freeing themselves to get open for shots and also when rebounding. That's fine. Some refs call a tight game and others let them play. My gripe is that the refs didn't stay consistent. They started calling all those fouls they hadn't called the entire game which allowed UNC back in the game. I hate that. That isn't basketball. I just wish the refs would stay consistent the entire game. UNC didn't make the neccessary adjustments. That was a combination of bad coaching and also just a team that is too young to know how to play that way. I just hate it when then refs control the game.

Anyone else notice this? Illinois should have won by more had the refs not let UNC back in.

Other observations:

Augustine is good!

I'm not impressed at all with Brown. He gets away with a ton of slaps on defense. He is quick on offense though but not a great shooter.

UNC has talent once again. They will cause people trouble later in the year after playing together for a while.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:54 AM

As has been said, the point of ranked and unranked trends is neutralized when the unranked team is the most bandwagoned team in college basketball. Around noon today, the action was fairly even on both sides per Wagerline.

The Trend in general is a solid one, although there are usually one or two teams, especially early... that would buck this trend. Usually it involves teams good last year that suck this year.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not down. One game wont do that to me.

For what it's worth, even though I had money on UNC, it made me sick watching the comeback at the end of the game. Don't get me wrong. I liked the comeback. I just didn't like the way it happened. I felt Illinois was getting away with a lot of pushing off when freeing themselves to get open for shots and also when rebounding. That's fine. Some refs call a tight game and others let them play. My gripe is that the refs didn't stay consistent. They started calling all those fouls they hadn't called the entire game which allowed UNC back in the game. I hate that. That isn't basketball. I just wish the refs would stay consistent the entire game. UNC didn't make the neccessary adjustments. That was a combination of bad coaching and also just a team that is too young to know how to play that way. I just hate it when then refs control the game.

Anyone else notice this? Illinois should have won by more had the refs not let UNC back in.

Other observations:

Augustine is good!

I'm not impressed at all with Brown. He gets away with a ton of slaps on defense. He is quick on offense though but not a great shooter.

UNC has talent once again. They will cause people trouble later in the year after playing together for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agree with the analysis. Illinois should have locked that one up early. It was partially due to the refs but both teams were also sloppy as hell. And I hate it when a team has a sizable lead and then tries to chew up the clock but then doesn't do anything with their possessions and slowly let's the other team back in. Illinois would let it tick down to 10 or so on every possession, but then they had no plan at all after that and would panic and either turn it over or heave up a bad shot. UNC's definitely got some good young guys though. Played some solid D on several of those late possessions. I wouldn't write off Brown just yet. His shot did look absolutely horrible tonight but I have a feeling he'll heat up soon enough. Remember, this guy shot 50% last year, 45% from 3.