Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 01:51 AM

Default folding aces (I might be weak-tight)

$25 dollar pot-limit omaha hi/lo on party, converter is not working.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, button calls. Hero raises pot to $1.65. All call four to the flop for $7.15<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Hero checks, MP3 bets $7.15, fold, fold, hero folds.

Is this to weak tight? Please let me know. MP3 had another 18 dollars behind him.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: folding aces (I might be weak-tight)

I don't see how you could call. You got nothing.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:07 PM

Guess this was really standard. Sorry for the noobie question.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$25 dollar pot-limit omaha hi/lo on party, converter is not working.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, button calls. Hero raises pot to $1.65. All call four to the flop for $7.15<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Hero checks, MP3 bets $7.15, fold, fold, hero folds.

Is this to weak tight? Please let me know. MP3 had another 18 dollars behind him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think check fold on this flop is a fine line, since there are so many people in and you don't have any meaningful draws (backdoor low, straight, and flush draws only). Still, your hand isn't very well defined, and the pot bet could easily be a heart flush draw figuring you missed with a strong low hand like A234. I tend to bet most flops without an immediate low draw with AA hands that I raised preflop, but I know that at this level, it wouldn't be unusual to get shown 5387, 87A2, or some other piece of total trash that has you in bad shape. I like betting, because you still have AA for high and most people are playing hands that are pretty one way low hands. I probably come out with about 3/4s of the pot and see what happens, and I am ready to give it up to any action. I am much more likely to play strongly against fewer opponents.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:12 PM

What about HU if you bet 3/4 pot to the pot and get raised. Is that an easy fold against your standard low limit opponents?
Old 10-19-2005, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about HU if you bet 3/4 pot to the pot and get raised. Is that an easy fold against your standard low limit opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hand you hate to see is a set or the made straight. I probably call and see what happens on the turn depending on the player. If I think the player is a loose passive donkey, then I can probably fold, but if he might take a stab at me thinking I would make this type of play with a nice (emphasis on nice) A2 hand (which I might) then I am probably going to call. If he is a maniac that might raise with TP or only the flush draw, then I am certainly calling.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:01 AM

There are 4 aces in a deck of cards. People tend not to fold suited aces preflop no matter what. Since nobody else calls the flop, he is probably betting a nut flush draw. I would call.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:51 PM

So you would call, then check fold a flush turn card and bet pot first to act a non flush card?