Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Thinking at the Highest Level

i'm going to read other responses.... but before i do i have to say that this is absolute suicide.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:29 PM

Ever read Hemingway?

Familiar with the Nick Adam's stories?---they should be the dead giveaway here. Nick Adam's is Hemingway's alter ego, and Hemingway simply cannot resist complementing him within the texts whenever possible---entirely irrelevant to the plot itself, other characters are forever walking up to Nick and telling him just how incredibly cool he is.

When the OP describes the "opposition" in such glowing terms, my first suspicion is that, of course, he is the villain.

Hence, the "highest" level.

KKF is definitely my favorite dick here.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:35 PM

Diablo pretty much nailed it. The guy puts up some pretty decent posts, so you take the good with the bad. And frankly, if dealing with @ssholes gets you steamed, poker probably isn't the game for you.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:40 PM

If dealing with assholes got me steamed, I would have offed myself a long, long time ago.
Old 03-27-2005, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

When the OP describes the "opposition" in such glowing terms, my first suspicion is that, of course, he is the villain.

[/ QUOTE ]

This suspicion would have been far more credible and impressive had you posted it before OP posted the result!
Old 03-27-2005, 11:52 PM

Indeed, if my goal was to establish credibility and impress you no doubt it would have been.

I was far from certain, just on hearing this "sudden" inversion, it is hard to react with anything but augury, a solid confirmation of an earlier nagging thought.

KKF is hardly the first to post from the other guys perspective, and indeed, posts about accidental overbets and manipulating them are hardly unique---thus the "highest" was a challenge, one some folks were unwilling to take up.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:04 AM

Fair enough...Clearly, making references to hemingway and using words like "augury" you are thinking at a much higher level than me.

PS. I'm not being sarcastic. I had to look augury up on dictionary.com [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2005, 12:08 AM

Having read your posts, I can say with 100% certainty that I am not thinking "higher" than you about anything poker related.

However, KKF, like many talented poker players (and even untalented ones such as myself) is a very self-conscious egomaniac, and in all things egomaniacal I consider myself something of an expert.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever read Hemingway?

Familiar with the Nick Adam's stories?---they should be the dead giveaway here. Nick Adam's is Hemingway's alter ego, and Hemingway simply cannot resist complementing him within the texts whenever possible---entirely irrelevant to the plot itself, other characters are forever walking up to Nick and telling him just how incredibly cool he is.

Hence, the "highest" level.

KKF is definitely my favorite dick here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My favorite Nick Adams story is the one where he wakes up and forgets that he is brokenhearted by the indian girl.
Old 03-28-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Results:

i think it was all successfully written in second person. but i got a C in AP Writing almost three years ago?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ive never seen him open raise for more then $40-50 in this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

KKF:

This statement made by you earlier clearly indicated that the villian opened. Unless, you were talking about yourself in the third person?

So either:
-you talk about yourself in the third person
-you created a dramatic suprise result to paint yourself in a positive light...

Either way, i find you rather annoying

[/ QUOTE ]