Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 08:11 PM

Default 30/60 enough action with bottom set?

SB here is sorta LAGgy preflop but reasonable and hasn't done anything out of the ordinary postflop. The two monkeys calling all bets are both just terrible terrible players. Have I done ok so far and how many more bets should I be looking to put in this pot?

-DeathDonkey

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (6 max, 8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls,
Old 12-04-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: 30/60 enough action with bottom set?

what is with the PFR? yeah, I think we can rule out KJ from the PF 3Bet, so we are looking at, AA/AK/KK/JJ/donkeyhand. I think you are losing here more than 50% of the time, but not much more. It is time to call down.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:28 PM

I cap the turn. If SB leads the river, I call.

lf
Old 12-04-2005, 08:32 PM

CO poster was TAG and limper was truly awful. Isolation time / buy the button no? I was hijack with one limper.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-04-2005, 09:08 PM

naw, very hard to iso for a single raise. I don't care how TAG the poster is, TAGs are smart, TAGs will call with a number of hands like T8o here. Also, you have the blinds to think about. Besides, you still have to dodge a bunch of overs. Play for set value. Let other catch second best hands.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:34 PM

Err, I don't think you have the overlay to pump this baby. If there were more callers I would probably keep going though. He would be walking a tightrope by 3-betting with a 12-outer, and I just don't think he has that type of hand often enough to justify a cap. Once you raise the turn, the odds go way down that you have a draw yourself so you have to start thinking that he has KK/JJ or hopefully AA/KJs here.

Brad
Old 12-04-2005, 10:27 PM

i dont think this is a good preflop raise especially with the poster.

i wouldnt cap the turn. looks like youre crushed at this point. you have nice overlay but if you cap the button might fold a hand thats drawing dead when hed pay another bet so in actuality your overlay is a little less than what it appears to be.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Results

Well its just what I was deciding between at the time - cap and call one on the river or just call down. I think with the two monkeys in there capping it is ok, which is what I did. He bet the river and I called and he had several Jacks.

-DeathDonkey