Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2005, 03:39 PM

Default Re: AJo in a live tourny

If the table had folded around to me and I made the raise with the AJo (which I would in this case), I would imagine to the BB would have played his Q's different.

I imagine the BB would picture the raise as a steal and fire back right then. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move all-in if the button made the raise. Figuring he could force you off a specualted weak ace/ marginal hand with a big re-raise as well as squelching frivilous steal attempts in the future.

But if the action wen't the same and only your position changed, I probably would have ended up all-in on the flop. I would assume that he was defending a preceieved steal attempt and hit a weak TPWK. I would have come over the top of his re-raise and put the decision to him for all his chips.

He was apparently giving you UTG raise it's due credit and wanted to see if the flop contained an A or K so he could get away from his Q's without getting busted early. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]