Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 AM

Default Week 2 Lines

Week 2 picks....

Az. -1 over the Rams. The Rams are terrible, and I will stick to this all season. Martz just will not get away from the duck and chuck philosophy, even though he has Faulk and his own #1 pick in the backfield. The Rams are 27-0 when Faulk rushes for 100+ yds. What is this, his 7th year with the team? Why dont they ever run? I doubt they start this week. I'm sure all players will be fired up for the old Warner-Bulger battle, and I'm sure that Martz will want to prove how great Bulger is, so he will put it up 50 times this week. I think the Cardinals have a way better defense than the Rams - just have to hope that J.J. Arrington can get it going. Marcel Shipp might end up running by the end of the game, however. Cardianls defense mauled StL pretty bad a couple of times last year. Plus, domes teams outdoors tend to suck. Pick: Cardinals 27-20.

Bears +1.5 over Lions. I think that Harrington is not any good, Mike Williams was non-existent last game, and Charles Rodgers is overdue for an injury. That leaves Roy Williams and Marcus Pollard to stop in the passing game. As for running, I do not think Kevin Jones is best suited for the smash mouth, up-the-gut type running vs. Chicago. The Bears will be desperate in this one, and I think they will pound Benson and Thomas Jones all day, and then Orton-to-Mushin will come through on a big play, for one of Muhammad's 5 TD's this year. Also, the Lions are a dome team playing outside. Bears 13-9.

Atl+1 over Seattle. Yes, this one is outdoors, but Vick looked awesome against the Eagles, except when he was blitzed. I just can't see Seattle's defense being able to stop the Falcons. For crying out loud, Mora was basically running the option with Vick all day vs. the Eagles. Atlanta had a TD taken off the board for holding, and then turned it over (1 of 3 by Vick). I think Atlanta can put up 27 vs. this team, and their defense is tough. D'Angelo Hall loked great vs.T.O., so he will shut down Darrell Jackson. A little risk here of a let-down game for Atlanta. Atl 27-17.

TB-2.5 over Buffalo. These two teams will just kick each other all day. McGahee's probably a better player than Cadillac right now, but Pittman helps give TB the edge pounding the ball all day. Also, Griese will do a better job managing the game than Losman, and the Bucs are very adept at handling Vick so they should be able to corral Losman. Bucs 17-10.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:13 PM

Default this weeks picks

Dolphins +6- ferrotte is sig better than the rotating tackling dummie system that they had in place last year, and the Jets D isn't a group of monsters (though they are solid). Mcmicheal finds some seams and once the phins get ahead, pennington's rag arm isn't going to do much to bring them back. If the jets do win it will be because of thier D, and Miami should still be able to cover the 6.

Patriots -160 - The patriots, lost, at home? They have the long week with an excellent prep coach, and showed that they are still a strong team even with the losses last season.

Ravens titans - Under 36.5
Is chris brown going to be able to pound it out abainst the Ravens D? Who is Mcnair going to throw to? Anthony wright putting up numbers? The ravesn should just pound Lewis/Taylor all day, ball controll, pound in two or three touches and win it in a low scoring affair.

Jags- +9, colts overrated, their D looked better but sandwich to jimmy smith will be harder to defend than boller throwing it away. Jags are sporadic, but seem to get up against the colts, solid D, solid O, 9 point dogs? I don't think so.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Week 2 Lines

This seems like as good a place as any to list my picks...

OAK+1.5
JAX+9
Ravens/Titans under 36.5
CAR+3 (-105)
TB-2.5 (-120)
CHI+1.5 (.5 unit)
SEA-1 (2 units)
SD+3.5 (-140, 2 units)
SD moneyline+130 .5 unit
TEX+6 (even)
Old 09-18-2005, 03:02 PM

Add:
CLE+6 (-105)
STL+1.5
MIA+5.5
Old 09-18-2005, 05:15 PM

I am sure you can find more games with value. I don't see how you missed a couple of games.

craig
Old 09-18-2005, 07:36 PM

The coin I was flipping fell under my bed and I couldn't find it. I don't like to play so many but I liked all the bets. I never claimed to know what the hell I'm doing.

9-3 +7.34 units
14-10 +3.51 for the season

Let's go Oakland.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The coin I was flipping fell under my bed and I couldn't find it. I don't like to play so many but I liked all the bets. I never claimed to know what the hell I'm doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get under that bed and look for it again. Nice day.