Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best?Favorite Michael Jackson song
Billy Jean 33 35.11%
Smooth Criminal 14 14.89%
Beat it 10 10.64%
Thriller 12 12.77%
Bad 0 0%
Other 17 18.09%
None/Don't like any of it 8 8.51%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Should BK hire Tommy Angelo?

Didn't need the money, but did need something to do with my time.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:31 PM

Are you aware that most top athletes (specifically wrt individual sports like tennis, gymnastics, running, etc.) have coaches who they often swear by, but are nowhere near as good at the sport as the athlete who hires them?

Also, you ignored my comment re: financial advisors. Many very wealthy and successful people have financial advisors. Almost all of these advisors have far less money than their clients.

The top actors in the world often have acting coaches who they consider to be invaluable resources. Yet, these acting coaches are rarely considered to be top actors.

All of these people pay huge money to their coaches/advisors.

Were you aware of these facts?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played with one guy at CB who owns DQ's. Nice fellow. But certainly not very good at poker, and certainly not "supplementing" his income by playing, unless he is just totally dicking around at CB and he in fact can play decently online. So the fact you say you supplement your income with poker is a sham, it's quite likely the rest of what you're saying in this thread is just a sham done to drum up a ruckus.

Anyway, if that's you I've played with at CB, and I suspect it is, what you've displayed at the tables there certainly falls in line with your lack of understanding regarding why a successful player could benefit greatly from Tommy, if this whole thread isn't you getting some jollies. I would recommend you admit you're wrong and try to understand why, since it's clear you are incorrect and lack understanding of what it takes to win at poker consistently.

A) You've never played with Tommy before. Some of us, myself included, have. How can you deduce anything about what Tommy Angelo can offer?
B) You are not good at poker. How are you capable of evaluating Tommy's game, or BK's game, or anyone's?

Again, you seem to be a very nice person when in person but what you're saying in this thread is just idiotic.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you aware that most top athletes (specifically wrt individual sports like tennis, gymnastics, running, etc.) have coaches who they often swear by, but are nowhere near as good at the sport as the athlete who hires them?

Also, you ignored my comment re: financial advisors. Many very wealthy and successful people have financial advisors. Almost all of these advisors have far less money than their clients.

The top actors in the world often have acting coaches who they consider to be invaluable resources. Yet, these acting coaches are rarely considered to be top actors.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I totally agree that this dude is a total moron. But the one point that is valid that he appears too stupid to make is that performance and knowledge are for more correlated than they are in basketball, baseball, etc. That said, I do genuinely think that Tommy has something to offer that many players(specifically online players like me) can really learn and improve from. I don't want to hear Tommy's theory on how it's possible that UTG is a losing position or how I should be folding QTs to a raise when 3 people are in the pot and I am in the BB - but that's not the point of these lessons, anyway.
-James
Old 10-25-2005, 05:54 PM

I hate to take away focus from the Dairy Queen manager, but is anyone else bothered by Bk's account of why TA didn't think the coaching was a good fit?

If TA is openly proclaiming that the coaching is not customized for the customer, why are so many people still defending the product?

Curious.

-SC
Old 10-25-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I totally agree that this dude is a total moron. But the one point that is valid that he appears too stupid to make is that performance and knowledge are for more correlated than they are in basketball, baseball, etc. That said, I do genuinely think that Tommy has something to offer that many players(specifically online players like me) can really learn and improve from. I don't want to hear Tommy's theory on how it's possible that UTG is a losing position or how I should be folding QTs to a raise when 3 people are in the pot and I am in the BB - but that's not the point of these lessons, anyway.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ideas are compelling but I'm really going to need to see your tax return before I decide if they have merit.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Your ideas are compelling but I'm really going to need to see your tax return before I decide if they have merit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, also, I decided to hire Lebron James as my financial advisor.
-James
Old 10-25-2005, 06:45 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I hate to take away focus from the Dairy Queen manager, but is anyone else bothered by Bk's account of why TA didn't think the coaching was a good fit?

If TA is openly proclaiming that the coaching is not customized for the customer, why are so many people still defending the product?

Curious.

-SC

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Tommy is that much better than most players that it won't matter. From what I can gather, he's teaching things that most players don't think about. Also, if you've already got "it," Tommy will tell you that his teaching won't be worth it to you.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM

I must be me you are talking about..i am a nice person, but i just don't agree with what people are saying on here.. at all.. I'll go back and leave my ideas to myself. As far as me knowing little about poker thats fine that you think that... and it might be TRUE.. but i have been playing 40hours+/week for over 2 years online and have made a significant amount of money. I enjoy it and have been financially very successful at it. Will i take advice from somebody making less $$ than me? No. But i'd doubt that will stop me from being successful at this in the future...
Old 10-25-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will i take advice from somebody making less $$ than me? No. But i'd doubt that will stop me from being successful at this in the future

[/ QUOTE ]

depends how you measure success.