Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2005, 05:54 AM

Default A New Quiz!

The preflop edition

This will be conducted Festus style, so be sure to check back and see the results.

Hand 1

MP3 - Unknown
CO - Too tight, aggressive
Button - LA-P
Blinds - Unknown, seem loose-passive

Folded to you in MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hand 2

2 LAGs and some fish and a solid playe round out the action behind you

Folded to you in MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Hand 3

58/6.5 limps UTG, as do a LP fish, a LAG, and a semi-loose calling station

You have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

Hand 4

Same LAG, and calling station from previous hand limp to you in the CO. The blinds are a tight player, and a moran.

You have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hand 5

Decent player and 69/3 Fish limp in EP, the same blinds are behind you as in hand 4.

You're in the CO again with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] this time.

Hand 6

Super Loose EP, is joined by his LP twin. Button has been bullying you a little, and the SB and BB are a little loose and a good player respectively.

CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hand 7

A 36/9 with seemingly no deep understanding of position open-raises in MP1. Cold-called by a horribly loose player in the SB.

You have 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

Hand 8

UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] This is more of a breakdown than a play. How often do you raise, how often do you call. Don't fold.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:33 AM

Default Re: A New Quiz!

Bring the white-out!

Hand 1: <font color="white">Fold. This hand needs lots of players to be worthwhile, and you have zero limpers right now.</font>

Hand 2: <font color="white">Raise to open and hope one of the LAGs three-bets to get this heads up. If the fish three-bet you, you are probably in trouble. Normally you would want to be closer to the button before pulling this stunt, but two things: the LAGs make this much more likely to get this heads up, and open-limping blows.</font>

Hand 3: <font color="white">Limp. Marginal hand, but with the best position and four limpers plus the blinds means that you will get paid if you hit, and you lose little if you whiff. Time for a little speculation.</font>

Hand 4: <font color="white">To me, this is a very marginal limp. Marginal high card and connectness, but with the LAG and calling station in tow, you will get paid if you hit the flop well. Use some flop magic to river a flush (you don't want to flop it, lest give the chance for other players to use their black magic to river a higher one-card flush).</font>

Hand 5: <font color="white">I dump this. Same marginal hand, but the player mix isn't as good. The solid player limping in EP is what concerns me, you are probably already behind to either an unsuited broadway (except AK and maybe AQ and maybe even KQ; I raise KQo UTG for what that's worth) or a mid-low PP (99-22). Also, if you do hit your flop he won't pay you off nearly as much.</font>

Hand 6: <font color="white">My initial thoughts were to raise -- I don't know how successful you will be trying to isolate two players, but odds are your hand is better than what the previous limpers have, and you have position. I wonder if the button will retalatite to this 'play' against him, though -- him 3-betting is almost certain to get the blinds out.</font>

Hand 7: <font color="white">Fold. Odds are MP3 is not on a blind steal and has a quality hand. The SB cold-calling only makes defending worth even less, as now you are up against a decent hand and a random hand, plus you are out of position. Hell, I wouldn't want to defend with this hand even if I was alone -- this hand sucks.</font>

Hand 8: <font color="white">Depends on the table texture. The looser the table is, the more inclined I am to get this multiway and limp. If the table is tight, I'm more inclined to raise and hope to get this heads up. I am more inclined to limp -- this is the kind of hand that has a small pre-flop edge versus random hands, but can change drastically with the flop.</font>
Old 04-26-2005, 06:36 AM

Hand 1: I'd raise. Theres a good chance it'll be just you and the blinds. And its good to play against LAPs in position.

Hand 2: Easy raise.

Hand 3: I think were giving up too much by folding. The limpers will pay you off should you hit a hand. I would call here, but its a definite raise with QTs.

Hand 4: I'm too weak to play this, but I'm sure other can make this into a long run +EV situation.

Hand 5: Not sure.

Hand 6: Raise it up. Should button 3-bet the super loosies will probably come along to pad the pot.

Hand 7: Fold. I would call with another limper.

Hand 8: I raise like, all the time.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:45 AM

Hand 1: fold
2: fold
3: call
4: fold
5: fold
6: call
7: fold
8: raise in super loose game, call otherwise
Old 04-26-2005, 07:01 AM

1. Fold
2. Fold, this the boarderline where I start to raise, but I'm less inclined to raise when there's 2 LAGs to act.
3. Limp
4. Fold (close to a limp)
5. Fold (close to a limp)
6. Raise
7. Fold
8. Raise, almost every time
Old 04-26-2005, 07:33 AM

1) Fold
2) Call
3) Call
4) Raise
5) Fold
6) Fold
7) Fold
8) Raise 50%, Call 50%

Alright, how stupid am I? I am trying to be more aggressive, but I still play a lot of hands weakly by calling and even folding some worth calling.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:01 AM

1. Raise.

I think its close, but I want to play this hand, and I have something against openlimping in MP.

2. Raise.

If one of the LAGs raises behind me and knocks everyone else out, so much the better.

3. Call.

I've come to love QT/KT.

4. Call.

I'd fold with J7s, J8s is borderline but with at least 4 seeing the flop, possibly 6, I think we can give it a spin here.

5. Call.

I think my VPIP is 100 so far.

6. Raise.

I'd like to try and get a 3-way pot here, plus the button, so I like a raise.

7. Fold.

Wow I folded something.

8. I raise 75% of the time, limp 25% of the time.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:15 AM

1. Fold. I want to play this multi-way with position. I might raise in the CO or button, though.

2. Raise. I definitely want the good player out of my way and if I get HU or 3-handed with some LAGs, fine.

3. Call. This is a pretty easy limp on the button. Raising would be a good option if it were sooted.

4. Call. Fairly standard.

5. Call. Not much difference between this hand and hand #4.

6. Fold. I don't want to get raised by the button and have to play this junk OOP for two bets. If someone is raising you in position all the time you need to tighten up and stop limping with KTo and other trash/problem hands, or move seats/change tables. Raising is okay to win the button but if he 3-bets, I hate myself.

7. Fold. There is no reason to play this hand.

8. Raise somewhere around 70-75% of the time.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:29 AM

Hand 1
MP3 - Unknown
CO - Too tight, aggressive
Button - LA-P
Blinds - Unknown, seem loose-passive
Folded to you in MP2 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

There aren't a lot of players left to act behind you.. CO will probably fold. Ideally you'd want to limp and have everyone else limp, blinds complete/check. Button is LA, if he raises you'll be HU with a great drawing hand. Easy fold.

Hand 2
2 LAGs and some fish and a solid playe round out the action behind you
Folded to you in MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I don't like AT, I might raise it, but I don't like the loosies behind me. I'll be OOP against a LAG and multiple fish when they likely call. Unless it gets down to just me and the blinds. I fold.

Hand 3
58/6.5 limps UTG, as do a LP fish, a LAG, and a semi-loose calling station
You have Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button.

I'd be the 5th limper, the SB probably completes getting 13:1, BB probably won't raise.. For 6:1 I'll limp in and see a flop..

Hand 4
Same LAG, and calling station from previous hand limp to you in the CO. The blinds are a tight player, and a moran.
You have J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Fold.. Even if I pair up, it probably won't be enough to pull this one down. I don't value the fact that they're suited since it's a 2-gapper..

Hand 5
Decent player and 69/3 Fish limp in EP, the same blinds are behind you as in hand 4.
You're in the CO again with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] this time.

Fold, same reasons as hand 4.

Hand 6
Super Loose EP, is joined by his LP twin. Button has been bullying you a little, and the SB and BB are a little loose and a good player respectively.
CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2 loosies limped so far? If I think I can buy the button I might raise this one. If EP/LP are really just random hands, I have a good chance of beating em.

Hand 7
A 36/9 with seemingly no deep understanding of position open-raises in MP1. Cold-called by a horribly loose player in the SB.
You have 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the BB

36/9 is raising about the right amount of hands, so I'll give him credit for an actual raise-worthy hand, ie 99-AA, KQ, AJ-AK. ONLY the sb calls?? So I'm getting 5:1 with suited garbage, OOP against the raiser? No thanks, Fold..

Hand 8
UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] This is more of a breakdown than a play. How often do you raise, how often do you call. Don't fold.

I raise that appx. 100% of the time. Hopefully I can get trashy aces to fold. KJ are high enough to win a good chunk of the time when they pair up, if I isolate and 1-2 villains to the flop, I have great pair value. If the table is loose, then I have good drawing value. As long as nobody 3bets, I'll be happy raising KJs every time. If someone does, I better get a draw or I'm probably out.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:35 AM

Wow I guess I need to loosen up. I might limp hands 3 &amp; 4 and muck everything else, except for KJs of course.