Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 08:45 AM

Default Playing back at a LAG with nothing...

BB is uber-LAG preflop at 83/37, but slows down on later streets (AF 1.10) and can fold when he appears to be beat. He's been steamrolling the table the last few hands.

SB is extremely TAG over 50 hands in this session (11.5/11.5).

This line can't be good, right?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: JerseyTom is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, JerseyTom calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

The TAG's check makes me think unpaired overs. If he had a hand and wanted to protect it, he would bet out, counting on LAG to raise.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Since LAG could do this with anything (or, more accurately, nothing), I raise to try to fold a better no-pair hand from SB. I intend to check behind on the river UI and will probably bet if I pair up.

River: (11.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, JerseyTom checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Flame away...

Tom
Old 06-23-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Playing back at a LAG with nothing...

I would fold to the cap preflop if BB weren't such a nutjob. as it is I think it's close but I really hate calling this getting only 5-1 and being easily dominated by SB. as it is, I think you should take the flop free card as SB's overs are probably better than yours.

I have no beef with the turn + river, I don't have enough experience with these situations to know how often it works though
Old 06-23-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Playing back at a LAG with nothing...

I fold this preflop when it comes back capped, there is no way I'm going to play KTo for 2 more bets capped preflop. And when it comes back capped you just lost the initiative... which is important whenever you miss to have someone fold to your agression... And This hand is way too easily dominated by the capping hand (even by a lag capping) AK-AT-QQ-TT-JJ-AA are all hands giving you a hard time to catch postflop. You will need to be really lucky to outdrawn that kind of hand...
Old 06-23-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Playing back at a LAG with nothing... (Results)

OK, thanks for the input.

I feel like I pretty much did everything wrong this hand, yet still won the pot (BB showed T9o, SB said he folded AQ). This was just spewing...

Tom