Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2004, 03:24 PM

Default wow foxnews is biased, look at headlines right now

they have a link to an article that is titled "bush blooms late in face-off." inside the article they mention that this, of course, is the opinion of the Bush campaign. later in the article, towards the middle, they run through the polls about the last debate, every one of which Kerry "won." How can they run a an article title so misleading? Then on the right side they have a video of "an exclusive interview with Bush reacting to the last debate." just an observation.. btw my motivations for posting this are not partisan
Old 10-14-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Re: wow foxnews is biased, look at headlines right now

To say Fox News has a right wing bias is like saying Michael Moore has a little bit of a weight problem. Frankly, I think Fox News has a brilliant business model – slant their news and views to the right, and consistently attack other news organizations for slanting their bias to the left. This is why they’re crushing the competition. A lot of right wing people only want to hear/read news, which conforms to their views. This is why Limbaugh, Hannity, etc., get huge radio ratings, and liberal radio can barely get off the ground.

I have consistently frequented Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and cbsnews.com nearly every day on the internet for a couple years now, to view the bias and conformity of these sites. The degree of Fox’s bias is exponential compared to these other sites. It includes everything from choosing their lead stories, ignoring stories every other new outlet reports on, and the wording and phrasing they use on there headlines. One of the worst instances of bias was during the initial invasion of Iraq, when the US had its worst day casualty wise, and every news source led with this, because it was the most important story. Fox had the verdict of the lady who hit and killed the bum stuck in her windshield as its lead. I believe MSNBC has a slight left wing bias, but compared to Fox you wouldn’t even notice. Based on my experience, I would say the CNN offers the most unbiased news of all these outfits, and that’s where I go first if I want the most facts.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why Limbaugh, Hannity, etc., get huge radio ratings, and liberal radio can barely get off the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it couldnt possibly be because people just dont want to listen to liberals. I mean why would they, they can just turn ABC or CBS for that.
Old 10-14-2004, 04:23 PM

i was thinking about this exact issue today. i watched fox news for about 30 minutes and it was literally nonstop talk about how bush had destroyed kerry and kerry was a flip flopper. i turn to cnn and they were talking about each party's strategy down the homestretch. i dont understand why this would make cnn a bunch of crazy liberals while it is perfectly reasonable that fox is so biased. i wish there was a way to reason with conservatives on this one...

rj
Old 10-14-2004, 07:32 PM

There's not.

One of the most brilliant tactics the right-wing media came up with was to label the middle-of-the-road, moderate, trying-to-be-objective mainstream news outlets as "liberal," in order to justify their own right-wing bias.

[ QUOTE ]
i was thinking about this exact issue today. i watched fox news for about 30 minutes and it was literally nonstop talk about how bush had destroyed kerry and kerry was a flip flopper. i turn to cnn and they were talking about each party's strategy down the homestretch. i dont understand why this would make cnn a bunch of crazy liberals while it is perfectly reasonable that fox is so biased. i wish there was a way to reason with conservatives on this one...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-14-2004, 08:11 PM

Please. I love watching liberals whip themselves into a frenzy over Fox News and then have the temerity to claim there is no liberal bias in other media outlets. I guess having a paid Kerry advisor as a political commentator isnt any sign of bias.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the most brilliant tactics the right-wing media came up with was to label the middle-of-the-road, moderate, trying-to-be-objective mainstream news outlets as "liberal," in order to justify their own right-wing bias

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely! I really can't understand how this isn't as obvious to everyone else as it is to me!!
Old 10-14-2004, 07:49 PM

I am not going to disagree that Fox News has a conservative bent. However, in the interests of fairness, the Fox commentators were spot on with their analysis of the three debates, IMHO.

All of the commentators (even the conservative ones) said that Kerry smashed Bush in the first debate. All agreed that Kerry and Bush fought to a near draw in the second debate, with Bush getting the edge in the second half of the debate. And all agreed that Bush did a better job in the third debate.
Old 10-14-2004, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not going to disagree that Fox News has a conservative bent. However, in the interests of fairness, the Fox commentators were spot on with their analysis of the three debates, IMHO.

All agreed that Kerry and Bush fought to a near draw in the second debate, with Bush getting the edge in the second half of the debate. And all agreed that Bush did a better job in the third debate.

[/ QUOTE ]That's funny.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

All of the commentators (even the conservative ones) said that Kerry smashed Bush in the first debate. All agreed that Kerry and Bush fought to a near draw in the second debate, with Bush getting the edge in the second half of the debate. And all agreed that Bush did a better job in the third debate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely hysterical. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Btw, you could of left out the "(even the conservative ones)" from your post. No need to be redundant. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]