Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: A7soooooted. play along?

This is exactly what I meant too.

And while I agree that it has generally come from new players, I have seen it from people with 1000+ posts as well (although I don't think they've been around too long either). In any case, I think a lot of people who read/post on this forum would be literally shocked to see the advice in this classic gem.

I have no qualms with folding when it's two back to me either.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:57 AM

i just check behind the river. people fear a set and call down with higher PP and i just don't think a worse hand is calling given previous action.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Flop: (21.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Turn: (13.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

River: (16.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't put the BB on a pair, but UTG has just been calling all along. Does he have a pair higher than 7's? Don't know for sure, but I have been erroring on the side of value betting lately, so I say value bet it. If I were your opponent, I would not put you on a set - most would slowplay a set on that flop.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just check behind the river. people fear a set and call down with higher PP and i just don't think a worse hand is calling given previous action.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think AK-AQ or 6xs are calling down often enough? I guess part of the problem with this river is that there just isn't a large number of worse hands possible, but I still think the 2 is the best possible card I could have hoped for. Actually, it's quite possible that this is the only card that makes a valuebet good. Maybe a 3 earns a valuebet as well, but I don't think much else does.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't think AK-AQ or 6xs are calling down often enough? I guess part of the problem with this river is that there just isn't a large number of worse hands possible, but I still think the 2 is the best possible card I could have hoped for. Actually, it's quite possible that this is the only card that makes a valuebet good. Maybe a 3 earns a valuebet as well, but I don't think much else does.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you were villain, what would you put us on when we limp in preflop EP and then call a 3-bet and raise that ragged flop? certainly not a total bluff? let's figure maybe a straight draw of sorts: the 9 would most likely give you a pair and if you were UI, i don't think you'd bet that turn when you were called in a couple places.

so, no i don't think UI OCs would be calling here. you think UTG has a 6? i think the best we're hoping for is 55 unless he's a total loose retard, but i really don't think we're folding a better hand here often enough or having a worse hand calling again based on previous streets.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you were villain, what would you put us on when we limp in preflop EP and then call a 3-bet and raise that ragged flop? certainly not a total bluff? let's figure maybe a straight draw of sorts: the 9 would most likely give you a pair and if you were UI, i don't think you'd bet that turn when you were called in a couple places.

so, no i don't think UI OCs would be calling here. you think UTG has a 6? i think the best we're hoping for is 55 unless he's a total loose retard, but i really don't think we're folding a better hand here often enough or having a worse hand calling again based on previous streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I know BB is trying to put me on a hand, then it really makes no sense to bet. Would you call AK on this river getting 17.5:1 odds? I probably would (even though I shouldn't). If, for some reason I had a hand like 65s, at this point, I'm definately calling. I probably would have heard from two pair or a set by this point. The table's been pretty ridiculous so far, so I think I'd probably get called by AK often enough.

I turned my ahead away from the screen, bet, and both opponents folded.