Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 09-06-2004, 02:48 AM

Default What would you do?

Playing at PP 6 handed $100 NL. The player to my right is either drunk or just doesn't like money and the player two away to my left is trying very hard to lose as well.

I watch the first few hands as one or the other goes all-in before the flop to win the blinds. Three or four hands later I am in the BB with an AK suited and like clock work the player to my right goes all-in, I call and beat his TQo. A few hands later I call the other player with QQ and beat his Q3. Their play didn't change at all but they did win some pots against some other players at the table.
My question is:

Do you stay at a table like this waiting for a hand and keep hoping the odds stay on my side or do you leave with your new found wealth to find a poker game that is a little less of a coin flip.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:50 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

Do you stay at a table like this waiting for a hand and keep hoping the odds stay on my side or do you leave with your new found wealth to find a poker game that is a little less of a coin flip.

I would hope QQ vs Q3o is a little bit more of a coinflip? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

If you have the BR to be playing the game which you're playing, this is a perfect game. What more could you want? You dont have to think, NL here becomes mechanical. Fold anything you dont want to call their all ins with, and leave the table with all of their money...

If I could find a game like that I would try to stay as long as my opponents continued to gamble in that fashion!
Old 09-06-2004, 10:01 AM

Tables like this are exactly what you want in a game (an idiot literally throwing away money ), there is no reason whatsoever to leave this game and you should stay until the maniac leaves.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:08 PM

you have no future in poker if you have to ask that question
Old 09-06-2004, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have the BR to be playing the game which you're playing, this is a perfect game. What more could you want? You dont have to think, NL here becomes mechanical. Fold anything you dont want to call their all ins with, and leave the table with all of their money...

If I could find a game like that I would try to stay as long as my opponents continued to gamble in that fashion!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. Perhaps the only reason you might want to leave could be that you don't have the bankroll to protect getting screwed over a couple of times if the maniac(s) draw out on you.

In cash games, it's all about making money in the long run, and a game with maniacs that want to lose money with idiot hands will garner much more +EV than a table that requires educated, thought out decisions against rational players. End of story.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:07 PM

Default Wrong forum

This should be in small stakes Pot and NL.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:39 AM

Ouch Greywolf, Ouch
Old 09-07-2004, 05:52 AM

Mommy, I'm home...
Old 09-07-2004, 06:25 AM

wow...im surprised people are giving this question serious responses... uhhhhh??? wow.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:20 PM

I love to play against these clowns. Like the previous poster said wait for premium hands. I finally got the AA and checked it to him and he raised me 10 in a 100nl game. Knowing that he was an idiot and did'nt like to be reraised, I reraised him $2 and he follwed with an $315 all in bet.