Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Falcons @ Bears: Opportunity Knocks

[ QUOTE ]
Good job ..... 1) telling a pick after the fact, 2)kicking somebody when they are down. We all really appreciate it. I hope it made you feel good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the nerve of some of these people....
Old 12-19-2005, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Someone has to explain two things to me:

(1) the failure to reverse the "interception" -- the receiver had possession and clearly was down ... and the TV crew does not know what they are taling about; and

(2) the 4th down handoff to Duckett, after the same play lost 1 yard (oh and you have Vick back there who could run for it himself).

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither play had that much of an impact on the game. The Bears just kicked their ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but they had a significant impact on my wagers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 10:30 AM

I moved from Chicago to FL (btw we had the A/C on when we were watching the game) and I can't get Chicago news here. I know 75% of chi-town is busy searching for superbowl tickets on e-bay. I'm curious what the Chicagoans who know something about football are saying after last night's game.

I'd imagine the consensus is that Grossman has always been the better QB, Lovie made the right decision at halftime, and that we could go deep in the playoffs but a Superbowl ring is something close to 0%. Is that about right?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I moved from Chicago to FL (btw we had the A/C on when we were watching the game) and I can't get Chicago news here. I know 75% of chi-town is busy searching for superbowl tickets on e-bay. I'm curious what the Chicagoans who know something about football are saying after last night's game.

I'd imagine the consensus is that Grossman has always been the better QB, Lovie made the right decision at halftime, and that we could go deep in the playoffs but a Superbowl ring is something close to 0%. Is that about right?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a Bears fan who acts like he knows a lot about football, I believe Grossman is a huge move for the Bears and their playoff chances. This move immediate upgrades the Bears from a BAD one-dimensional offense into a mediocre, score enough to win playoff games type offense.

I now see a time that can make a run with this offense like the one the Ravens made to win the Super Bowl. I'm by no means predicting a Super Bowl birth, but at least I believe they can win a 20-17 game against good offenses like New York and Seattle. Whereas before, they would have had to hold these teams down and win playoff games like 9-7, which just isn't going to happen.

Super Bowl ring is close to 5-10% than 0% IMO.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm curious what the Chicagoans who know something about football are saying after last night's game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Bear fan living in WI (still get Chicago radio). Your points from Florida are pretty much spot on.

1) Grossman has been the better QB, 8 game winning streak was not due to Orton. He made some good throws but is a rookie 4th round pick. Defense and running game has been winning the games.
2) To go deep in playoffs, the offense had to improve. I'm tired of national media saying "Orton did what was asked....he's managing the game....he won 8 games in a row". The Bears need to improve on 32nd (last) ranked passing attack and lowest rated starting QB.

2 yards of total offense in 1st Quarter last night. Granted they had no field position but if it got to 3rd and 6, forget it. 29th in NFL 3rd down conversions (terrible last 3 weeks w/ Orton).

I'm not going to say 0% chance for SuperBowl because:

A) Defense is legit
B) Offense is upgraded w/ Grossman (O-line has played well, good running backs, top flight WR in Muhammed).
C) NFC is not that strong, other than Seattle & Carolina.
D) Bears have been underrated all year. I haven't always believed. NFL things can happen seemingly overnite.

I'm also not on ebay buying my tickets for Ford Field. I'd love it if they went.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:00 PM

Approximate odds of winning the Superbowl taken from the midmarket of options on tradesports.com

Trade NFL.COLTS - 45.65%
Trade NFL.SEAHAWKS - 11%
Trade NFL.BRONCOS - 6.4%
Trade NFL.PANTHERS - 3.8%
Trade NFL.STEELERS - 2.85%
Trade NFL.PATRIOTS - 8.25%
Trade NFL.BEARS - 5.4%
Trade NFL.COWBOYS - 0.5%
Trade NFL.CHARGERS - 2.25%
Trade NFL.BENGALS - 5.8%
Trade NFL.GIANTS - 4.85%
Trade NFL.JAGUARS - 1.45%
Trade NFL.FALCONS - 0.5%
Trade NFL.BUCCANEERS - 1.4%
Trade NFL.CHIEFS - 0.3%
Trade NFL.VIKINGS - 0.5%
Trade NFL.REDSKINS - 1.05%
Trade NFL.DOLPHINS - 0.05%
Old 12-19-2005, 01:02 PM

Default And now I\'m 0-3

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Actually not keeping a tally. I think I've made about 6-8 predictions and been wrong once.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly, I'm personally 0-2 on betting your Falcons picks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I will provide a more accurate tally shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice analysis [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] Though not a Chicagoan, I am a Bears fan who claims to know something about football.

I was over the top pumped last night. If the Bears can move the ball on 4-5 drives a game they can beat almost anyone.

I have calmed down a bit as I think that while Grossman is more comfortable than Orton he is also a bigger risk taker. This could turn into some problems. I'm also afraid every time Grossman even comes close to being hit. Plus, there is a good shot that Orton's confidence is now gone and if Grossman was to get hurt again he would have trouble running the offense.

All in all though, this is really good for the running game if the defensive team has to think about the pass. The offensive line has been great the whole year. The defense looks refocused after a terrible tackling day against the Steelers.

These are a big two weeks in my mind. If the Bears can win out and pick up the #2 seed I like them against any NFC team that has to come to Chicago that second week of January considering it will probably be the Panthers, Bucs or Giants. Add to that that Seattle could implode at any time and I think with the second seed they have a good chance of coming out of the NFC.

I think they would be a monster underdog in any Superbowl game, maybe even a record underdog, but I would love to be in that spot.

Sometimes the year works out well. The Bears have been healthy for the most part this year and that doesn't happen to often in the NFL. This is one of those seasons where everything seems to be breaking their way. And Grossman gives them the best opportunity to make that a big break.

I don't know if I want to put any numbers on this, but I know I have a good feeling.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was over the top pumped last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard ever.

On a completely unrelated note, it took me 45 minutes to fall asleep last night.