Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 08:07 AM

Default Re: What is wrong with the Chargers?

They dont have THAT much tougher of a schedule then other AFC teams in the same boat.

They just dug themselves a hole early on, and you cant do that this year in this conference.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They dont have THAT much tougher of a schedule then other AFC teams in the same boat.

They just dug themselves a hole early on, and you cant do that this year in this conference.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? They had to go cross country 4 times. Once against a Patriots team that still had no one hurt, once against an Eagles team that still had T.O., McNabb, Hank Fraley, Lito Sheppard and Westbrook. They played in the AFC west so they at least got to play the Raiders twice and got to go cross country to play the Jets. When you add in the Dolphins this week that is the 4 games they played agianst teams with losing records. Now they have to go to the Colts.

Kansas City, who also has a tough schedule, got to play the Eagles, Redskins and Patriots at home. Plus, got to play Houston. And they don't have to play the Colts.

I still can't believe the Chargers still have a chance to make the playoffs. They got stuck in a trap game this week. The last easy game they have before they have to finish with three very difficult games and they didn't get it done. Happens all of the time. I still think they are the third best team in the AFC.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:33 AM

I have been saying this all year. They arent as good as all you people make them out to be. LT is but the Chargers are not. Nuff said.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:06 PM

Did any of you guys who are saying the Chargers suck actually watch the game? Honestly, I'm just curious. If you DID watch the ENTIRE game, not just highlights, then you would have seen a team that marched down the field and dominated the Dolphins for the first quarter. After that, they thought they had the cat in the bag and you could see their energy diminish.

This game's loss had very little to do with the skill level of the team, it came down to poor preparation and a lack of "killer instinct" (as cliched as that sounds). Their heads weren't in the game, they threw the ball way too often (Brees had 30 attempts in the first half, maybe the dumbest stat I've seen all year), the dolphins caught some breaks, and marty sucks at coaching.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who were the announcers for this game (or how could i find this out?) i thought they were retardedly pro-miami and it led to me screaming back at them all afternoon.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love people like you [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did any of you guys who are saying the Chargers suck actually watch the game? Honestly, I'm just curious. If you DID watch the ENTIRE game, not just highlights, then you would have seen a team that marched down the field and dominated the Dolphins for the first quarter. After that, they thought they had the cat in the bag and you could see their energy diminish.

This game's loss had very little to do with the skill level of the team, it came down to poor preparation and a lack of "killer instinct" (as cliched as that sounds). Their heads weren't in the game, they threw the ball way too often (Brees had 30 attempts in the first half, maybe the dumbest stat I've seen all year), the dolphins caught some breaks, and marty sucks at coaching.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line is Chargers lost and they are nothing without LT. Besides, the Chargers are not as good as you all want to make them out to be. Talk, talk, talk about LT and thats it. No one cares.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:38 PM

how has no one mentioned how young this team is yet? this fact alone has a lot to do with the frustrations of charger fan. i myself am a bronco fan, so i'm glad they've had struggles...but this charger team is going to be very, very strong over the next two/three years.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how has no one mentioned how young this team is yet? this fact alone has a lot to do with the frustrations of charger fan. i myself am a bronco fan, so i'm glad they've had struggles...but this charger team is going to be very, very strong over the next two/three years.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that they will be good in a few years but now all they have is LT. Until they grow and learn the game they will not be any good. Get that in your head people.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:33 PM

utmt, you are making as much sense as the guy in your avatar.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:00 PM

umt,
you should no longer post on this board, it only shows that you are mentally retarded.

Brees has passed for over 3000 yards, has 22 TD passes, and a 92 rating. He completes 65% of his passes and is incredibly accurate. I would estimate 25% of his
incompletions are balls he has thrown away. He makes excellent decisions and there are only a handful of QBs I would prefer running the team.

Gates is the best TE in football.

Donnie Edwards mgiht be the most underrated defensive player in the league. Merriman is becoming a stud.

Their secondary is sketchy and their recievers are average, at best.

And also, for all the geniuses out their saying that Miami sucks on the road in Decmeber, THEY WERE PLAYING IN SAN DIEGO DUMBSHlTS! It was 70 degrees yesterday, do you really think the "intense" san diego crowd was going to throw them off their game?