Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 08:16 AM

Default 10-20 hand

I'm on the button in a 10-20 hand with AQs. Four callers to me, I raise, both blinds call and everyone calls. Seven players see the flop for two bets each.

Flop is KcJdTh. SB checks, BB bets, one caller to me, I raise, SB three bets, BB calls, original caller folds, I cap, and both blinds call.

Turn is 4h. SB checks, BB checks, I bet, SB raises, BB calls, I raise, and both call.

River is 4s. Checked to me. Do you check or bet?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:45 AM

Default Re: 10-20 hand

How well do you know your opponents here, are they the type that will limp in with KK, JJ or TT? I think it's unlikely your opponents have those hands since they didn't raise pre-flop. All that action on the flop probabaly means 2 pairs from your opponents. If SB had a set, I don't see why he wouldn't raise you again on the river.

I would bet the river.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:00 AM

You lose to a set, and beat everything else. The SB could have a set, but he'd probably bet out on the river if he had one, since he'd be afraid you'd check because of all those raises he put in previously. BTW, the SB might just call preflop with TT/JJ/KK because he was the SB.

More likely, it looks like SB has Q9 for a lower straight, or a flopped two pair. I would bet and expect to get called.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:07 PM

Default RESULTS

I bet, SB called, BB raised, I called, SB called. BB turned over TT for a boat on the river. SB said he had AQ.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:40 PM

I would bet the river. You may very well be up against smaller straights or two pair. Also most people would have bet out on the river with a full house.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:05 AM

Well I would check here. It sure seems like that you may of beenn up vs a flop set vs a floped str8(your str8). Now with turn and river bringing 4,4 you are only going to lose to a boat or 4 of a kind. So if you bet and are raised you are mostlikely beat. One other thing. Your opponent in SB may have flopped two pair. If this is so then you have him the whole way.

Ed S.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:54 AM

since it's the SB who's doing the three betting, you should just call the flop 3-bet so you can trap the BB on the turn for two big ones. If it were the BB as the aggressor I'd just say f*ck it and cap the flop.

hopefully he's got a pair/gutshot and will come along.

absolutely bet the river. You have to put him on the second-nut straight, and neither of them have a four. I think the chance you're up against a boat that is check-raising you on the river is VERY small, so bet and call a raise.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:59 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

the small blind was lying to you and had Q9. AQ would have re-raised you on the turn. I don't know why people do that.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:15 AM

hi afish
since a set is unlikely given the pre-flop action, bet. you're likely against 2 pair and a lower straight, or possibly the same straight. but not a boat. and i'm double checking here.....nope, no flush possible. pretty good bet on the river.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:16 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Did the BB misplay by not 3-betting BTF? why not try to get some of the limpers out for another 2 bets?